Staring at Women's breasts is good for you!!!

It’s true - as reported in this newspaper column (toward the bottom of the column), German scientists have shown that

“No honey, I wasn’t oogling her, I was working on my blood pressure” :rolleyes:

10 min a day is quite an eyefull!!:stuck_out_tongue:

Gp

Put that research under thse category of “You could have just asked Phil what the results would have been and saved all the research money”.

It is fairly easy to predict that engaging in anything pleasureful, like listening to fine music, hearing kids laugh, cuddling cute puppy dogs or staring at breasts is going to improve ones health.
Anythink pleasant and relaxing will lower blood pressure, etc, etc.

Additionally, just how scientific can you make such studies? Chances are, it was a rudimentary study at best with too many variables to control.

Therefore, all men should continue staring at women’s breasts until enough data can be retrieved and analyzed.

:cool:

Day Planner, April 10 2002.

7:30 - 7:35 Wake Up
7:35 - 8:30 Groom, dress, eat
8:30 - 9:00 Commute
9:00 - 12:15 Work
12:15 - 13:00 Have lunch
13:00 - 18:00 Work
18:00 - 18:15 Commute
18:15 - 18:25 Stop by at Herr Dr. Büstengucker’s office on the way home to stare at tits for ten minutes
18:25 - 18:40 Resume commute
18:40 - 19:00 Buy groceries
19:00 - 19:30 Cook
19:30 - 19:55 Eat
19:55 - 20:00 Make espresso
20:00 - 20:30 Watch the news
20:30 - 00:00 Moderate the Straight Dope Message Board
00:00 - 7:30 Sleep

I’ve always wanted to be a lab rat. :smiley:

Doesn’t it depend on the breasts?

Maybe…but what about the stress induced by a SO who takes exception to you staring at other women’s breasts or the women themselves who consider you a pervert?

Maybe a quick glance now and again, but 10 minutes a day? Unless there is a chance of follow-up, I’d rather watch a fish tank.

That’s what I was thinking. Are perky ones better for you than saggy ones? Will staring at the saggy titties of an 80 year old woman benefit the men in any way? Wait! I think I answered my own question… the article says “sexual excitement gets the heart pumping…” I’d hate to meet the man that gets turned on by 80 year old boobs!

Harold and Maude

It’s only a movie, of course, but it was just too good a comeback. :smiley:

And it’s too eerie. I’ve been thinking about that movie all morning, because I have my hair done in two braids, criss-crossed over the top of my head, I’m wearing a ruffle skirt with some of those little $5 canvas Maryjanes from China, and I have on a long, collared, slightly bulky cardigan.

Upon giving myself the once-over in the mirror this morning, I concluded that I looked like a little old lady.

Then I thought, “I look like Maude!”

Only I don’t really have any boobs at all, to speak of.

Hijack over.

10 minutes a day you say??

I would like to sign up as the test subject for the “What happens if you stare at breasts for extended periods of time?” guy.

I’ll just go and explain this to Lola, stressing that this is purely scientific and evidence already suggests this will prolong my life.

Heh heh heh. Talk about someone whose name fits their job!

Aaah, another opportunity to self medicate.

Isn’t it possible that simply sitting still for 10 minutes had a measurable effect on their stress level?

(Don’t get me wrong, I like staring at tits as much as the next guy — if the next guy was Larry Flynt, that is.)

One would assume that your SO would be willing to be the person you stared at. The study didn’t say a stranger’s breasts, just breasts in general.*

*[sub]Unless your SO does not have breasts, then I can see how this problem might arise.[/sub]

By the way, who are these guys that would otherwise get less exercise than from staring at a bosom? This was an increase in their daily exertion level?

raises hand

1. I strongly suspect the original article. I haven’t seen it, but it sounds like a hack.

2. Of course, I would never say so. Any excuse for looking at breasts is a good one.

3. When I am 80 years old, and Pepper Mill is… uh… however old she will be, I will enjoy staring at her adornments.

4. Is there a health benefit from staring at women’s bottoms? Can I be in the study?

That’s what’s wrong with me! I must be having overdose symptoms! Obviously by staring for longer than 10 minutes a day is detrimental to your health…

No wonder male cats sleep all the time. Don’t female cats have like 4 times the number of nipples as their female counterparts? It’s like the poor Toms just worked out for 40 minutes every time Fluffy walks by.

Dangit, human counterparts. Hmmm… “counterparts”?

Sorry but the story’s been around for a while, and it’s a hoax…

http://www.joeklock.com/joesplace/jk010716.htm