Starlight Coke

I’m drinking one of the new Starlight Cokes right now. (Actually it’s a Starlight Coke Zero.)

I am not having a favorable impression. It has a weird taste that’s somehow reminiscent of grain; like you made a barley flavored soft drink.

I only know one other person who has tried it. Their review was… quite unfavorable.

Food Network

Coca-Cola’s new limited-edition Starlight flavor is said to be just that. It is a “space-inspired Coca-Cola product” that is supposed to recreate the taste and feel of space. However, it’s hard to say what space is supposed to taste like. But, if you go by this beverage, space tastes kind of like minty cotton candy sprinkled with vanilla, and has a sort of red tint.

WTF?

I’ve seen people saying they felt it had a mint-like flavor. I didn’t detect that.

I did notice the reddish color.

I bought a bottle of Coke Zero Starlight a couple weeks ago. Just cracked it open now…

It’s not bad. It’s not BETTER. Kinda tastes like Dr. Pepper but with only some of the flavorings. Vanilla cinnamon cherry?

I’ve never been to space so maybe this is indeed what space tastes like.

Stranger

I saw it at the grocery store for the first time last Friday. I love trying new things like that, so I put a bottle of the Zero version in my cart. As others have mentioned, I have no idea what space tastes like so I Googled the new flavor and watched some morning show hosts try it for the first time. It didn’t seem like they loved it. The woman said it tastes kind of like cotton candy and the only thing the guy could come up with is, “it’s pink”. I hate cotton candy, so I put the bottle back on the shelf. I’m still curious though. Maybe on my next shopping trip…

I’m no sommelier but to me it tastes like marshmallow and faintly fruity. It doesn’t make me think of space which, like Cmdr. Hadfield says, smells like hydrocarbons and burnt steak.

I thought it tasted like cotton candy. Nobody in our house was a fan.

Tasted like s’mores to me. I finished one bottle and didn’t finish the second. Won’t replace regular Coke for me.

Haven’t tried it, but sounds like they missed. Isn’t space supposed to taste like raspberries and smell like rum?

The idea of drinking something that tastes like vast emptiness is not appealing.

At the airport newsstand I saw a can of coffee flavored Coke for sale. I tried it just to see. It was vile.

I tried a can of Coke Blak back when that was a thing. I didn’t think much of it but I’m not a coffee drinker.

It tastes like a candle smells, but in a good way I thought

Hey, wait… remember Dippin’ Dots? “The Ice Cream of the Future!” (pretty fruity and marshmallowy, no?)

So, Einstein was right! It’s the unified field theory: Space tastes like the Future!

I have only tried Starlight Zero. To me, it tastes like every sweet thing at the state fair: caramel corn, cotton candy, sno-cones, funnel cakes—all of it—at the same time.

To me, it tastes like a Band-Aid smells. It’s nasty tasting soda.

Since space is mostly empty, maybe it’s the taste of Empty Calories.

Be thankful it doesn’t taste like a comet

They based a perfume on the smell of that comet. I got a sample to present at a scuience fiction convention

This shit is fucking delicious. Tastes like cotton candy with a hint of root beer to me. I love it and I hope they keep making it.