Stereotypes about your country, region, state/province, or city that are untrue

Inspired by this thread: Stereotypes about your country(ies) that are true.

What stereotypes about the people, culture, or ways of life in your area do you find are outright untrue? Or if they are generally true, in what ways do you or your associates run counter to the trend?
I’ll start. I live in L.A., and do need my car to commute to work, but have many, many places I can walk to in my neighborhood, and avoid driving unless absolutely necessary. And I’m not too proud to take the bus, either, though I live in one of the richer areas of town.

L.A. is supposed to be a desert, but I live a stone’s throw from an artesian spring that has never stopped flowing in the hundred or more years that records have been kept.

A recent New Yorker article about car chases in L.A. says that we are obsessed with them, but that is flat out untrue.

It’s all true, so stay out! We are full up. No room at the Inn. There is no space left in Hunderton county. No farms no open space. So don’t bother looking for a place.

Southerners, at least these Southerners, aren’t stupid or illiterate or anything of the sort. Our county library is the size of Chicago’s and was Library of the Year in 2001. We are very much a city of readers here.

On the other hand, it’s about two and a half blocks from the State House where the Confederate battle flag still flies.

The stereotypes of the South, while not completely woven out of fiction, do not apply to Metropolitan areas like Houston.

The only horses you see in the cities or suburbs have cops on them (except during Rodeo, where black, white or Hispanic we all turn into Cowboys).

Most people go to work in business suits with a Windsor knot. We don’t all wear cowboy hats and bolo ties.

Contrary to popular opinion, we do not all drive Cadillacs with steer horns on the hood.