Stock my deodorant, fuckers....

Well nevermind… I went to drugstore.com and they have FREE shipping. Yay!!

I have to avoid many types, and always need unsented or I break out. Do you know what the companies always drop? They drop the only one that I can wear, and then I have to break out trying new ones. That’s irritation two ways.

Just to clarify, I am not alergic to deodorants. Simple deodorants are rare these days, though. Most are combo deodorant/antiperspirants, and the aluminum salts in the anti-perspirant make my pits itch like crazy.

I like the arm and hammer ones because they have “the pwoer of baking soda” (ok, I feel for the marketing jargon, but still, I feel it does a superior job). You just can’t harldy ever find the shit.

I found it today at the local walgreens. Bitches charged me 3.50 for it. You can bet the next time I get paid, I’m dropping the 25 bucks on 5 years worth of deodorant :slight_smile:

Wait a minute…you’re comparing prices against that store that never has it? Haven’t you ever heard that old joke?

“Why are you charging $10 for a hammer? The hardware store across the street has hammers for $5.”
“So, go buy it there.”
“Well, they’re out of hammers.”
“When we’re out of them, we sell them for $5 too.”
And why on earth would you think you needed to buy 8 sticks of deodorant from Drugstore.com to meet the $25 minimum? You could buy 2 or 3 sticks of deodorant, and some other stuff that you need anyway. Surely you use shampoo or razor blades or Tylenol or something…
Though I am kinda loving the idea of the Deodorant Closet. Can you imagine if a guest accidentally stumbled across it? What would you say to them?

That brings up an interesting question–if you were a guest in someone’s house, and you opened a door thinking it was the bathroom, and found a Deodorant Closet instead…would you say something or just close the door quietly and walk away…

I don’t have an answer for you, but I’m dying of curiosity here. What brand of deodorant do you use that is so rare and difficult to find?

:slight_smile:

welll…

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=8953064&postcount=6

I’m fairly certain I’ve bought it from Meijer before…in fact I beleive that’s where I discovered it.

As for buying 25 bux worth…I buy tylenol, vitamins, soap, shampoo, and other things at CostCo, so I have all that I need for a long while, and no need to buy more, especially if it’s overpriced. And I shave with an electric razor. I didn’t go shopping around there looking for other overpriced stuff I could buy, I figured I could just buy what I needed of one overpriced thing and save myself the headache of finding it again.

My eyes must be tired. First time around, I read that last word as ‘sweating’. :smiley:

Please help me to fight my ignorance here - doesn’t your anti-perspirant stop working after several months, forcing you to change brands? Mine does. Maybe I have defective pits.

Holy s*it! I got my order today! Less than 24 hours! I LOVE drugstore.com!

I swear I just saw some of that today at Meijer, I bought the Co-co Wheats instead though, I love it when the kids go back to school!

Green Bean - I don’t have a deodorant closet per se, but I have a linen stock closet, with no less than a dozen of each person’s deodorant, shampoo, shave gel, soap, toothpaste, other bathroom needs, and laundry and cleaning supplies. As one gets taken out, I’ll buy a new one to replace it. I front face, and rotate it as well. I’ve had guests stumble upon it, and think it’s pretty much on par for me, as I’m far from normal anyhow. Then I show them my walk in pantry, then they know I’m nuts! :smiley: I just lightly chalk it up to being married to a Boy Scout, I like to be prepared.

I have a “beauty closet”… it’s close by, let me check…

*25 bottles of shampoo and conditioner
*10 tubes of toothpaste
*9 toothbrushes
*7 deodorizers (counting Axe and Tag) (I’m running low; my husband applies deodorant like spackle and has started using mine 'cuz he thinks it works better. I swear the man goes through a stick of deodorant in two weeks)
*5 hand soaps

And actually, we’re in the middle of moving so I don’t have all of my stuff here. I buy on clearance, with coupons plus my employee discount, and all of that stuff put together cost me *maybe * $20. It won’t go bad, and I never have to buy anything at full price.

Of course, we’re out of toilet paper right now, so I’m not always on top of the stockpile… :smack:

He must have seen to many of those Lady’s Secret commercials.

I fear that my deodorant and after shave (Paco Rabanne; don’t laugh) are going to go away any day, but they haven’t for like 30 years so far…but that means nothing to those marketing jackals…

snerk

Sorry, couldn’t help that. :smiley:

Dude, everyone does that with Kirk’s castile. At the store where I work people buy them by the armfuls. That’s really weird. Is it made of pure awesome? I’ll have to try it.