Stoic symbols/figures

Looking at the Stoic as a Jungian-style archetype, what symbols do you think would be appropriate to be associated with it? I know that current Stoics use the Ionic column or Xeno’s colonnade, if anything, to represent their philosophy, but I’m looking for something more general.

If you were talking to someone who knew the message of Stoicism, but not the Greek origins, what kind of symbols could you use to represent stoicism such that they would immediately ‘get it’?

Are there any examples of famous stoics, or people who embodied the stoic ideal, in history, aside from the original Greeks?

(Before anyone asks, yeah, this is for Unknown Armies .)

Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor, was a Stoic.

How 'bout “The Man With No Name” as portrayed by Clint Eastwood in Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly?

Seneca might be considered to show some aspects of Stoic philosophy. IIRC he commited suicide on order of the emperor after being too critical; which allegedly shows that he followed the doctrine that you should not cling to life longer then is good.

As for symbols how a lone rock in the middle of the ocean.

Heh. “I am a rock. I am an iiiiiisland.” Is symbolically appropriate, though.

A little complicated, but I think it gets the message across: a person surrounded by rubble or charred earth rolling up his sleeves and getting ready to rebuild.

American Gothic?

Moving thread about games to Cafe Society.

I’d say it’s more of a thread about stoicism, but whatever.