Stop it ! Just stop doing that !

This thread is dedicated to all those people out there who feel they MUST keep changing things !

Yesterday T. Lion went and got a new keyboard, ok we did need one, the old one’s
C and Y keys kept sticking. And you almost had to beat it to death to make it work.

But now we have one that is ultra sensitive,
and the keys are in all diffrent colors.
OK, I can live with that too.

But he go a track ball to replace my beloved mouse.

People I have only been using a computer for a year now, at first I just used it to write,
poems, F.O. and die letters, things like that.

But every frigging time I get used to something, he wants to upgrade !

I want my mouse, my fingers don’t like the track ball.

That is all, thank you for your time, now STOP IT !

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Can you get a splitter cable so both mouse and trackball are available? That would work, but you might have to monkey around with drivers a little bit.

Regards

Uh, beatle, dear, this is me, Ayesha of the zero talent when it comes to the computer.

If I can’t fix it by turning the computer off then turning it back on, or by smacking it, it ain’t getting fixed !

I don’t think Lion would do that, he enjoys torturing me with all this new stuff.

Ayesha - Lioness

(Thomas A. Edison)

Oh, oh. This is bad.

Of course, there’s a bright side to this. After the divorce, the Lion gets the trackball.

You get the house. :slight_smile:

This space for rent.

Divorce ? UH I don’t think so Wally.

I’m not letting him off THAT easy.

Besides, we decided years ago that we would just stay together and make each others lives hell.

Besides, I don’t believe in divorce (for me), murder, maybe, divorce never !

And we don’t have a house.

Ayesha - Lioness

(Thomas A. Edison)

Damn I love your way of thinking Ayesha!! You keep the mouse and let your man have his balls :slight_smile:

I am me… accept it or not.

I know just how you feel - just when I think I’m getting somewhere with this thing, we upgrade and I have to learn all new stuff. When my husband first installed Windows '95, he called me in to proudly show it off. I looked at the screen and promptly burst into tears. (I handled the change to Win '98 a little more maturely.)

Don’t worry - you’ll pick it up in no time and soon wonder how you got along without it. But you don’t have to let him know that.

One day at work, as a test, we plugged a mouse into the mouse port, and a track ball into the serial port. This worked fine, didn’t have to add any new drivers or cables or anything, and you could switch back and forth between using the mouse and trackball, as long as you only used one at a time.

Hmmm you prefer handling a mouse to balls? You need to let Freud have a look at these tendencies =)

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Ayesha, have we somehow married the same guy? The resemblences are spooky. Maybe we should get together sometime and compare notes.

But you just dont understand its not just a trackball its a 4D trackball with dual scroll wheels and autoscroll, plus it plays “Inna Gadda Da Vida”.

Peace
t lion

" I Wonder What Happens When I push THIS Button? "

PurpleCrackWhore,
Well you see the ball on this thing is blue.
I’ve always heard that if you play with balls once they turn blue the owner explodes.

What that’s not true ? Lion you’re in trouble now bud.

Tatertot,
No, I don’t think we are married to the same guy. Is your’s 6 ft tall, long hair , beard, loves his computer more than life ?

I hope there aren’t two of him, nah God wouldn’t do that to the world

Ayesha - Lioness

(Thomas A. Edison)

TL,

I’m havin’ a little bit of trouble locating those Inna Gadda Da Vida drivers.

duddle duddle whoomp whoomp, boom boom;
bloom bloom bahloomp boom boom, etc.

it was a great one…

Beatle
They are easy to find at Ironbutterfly.net/collection.

Peace
t lion

" I Wonder What Happens When I push THIS Button? "

Whitetho is right-I’ve got my mouse plugged into the mouse port, and my kids’ EasyBall plugged into a serial port. Works great!

Change is good… Especially when it comes to socks and underwear…

Yer pal,
Satan

( I can’t believe I’m saying this )

I agree with you Satan ! Socks should be changed at least once a day. Underwear too if you waear them (some folks don’t ).

But not the computer, I am too busy trying to learn other stuff, important stuff. Like how to get rubber stamps, w/o paying an arm and a leg for one little stamp.

Besides, I’m getting old and set in my ways.

I still hate the ball !

Ayesha - Lioness

(Thomas A. Edison)