Stop the fucking world so I can throw this idiot off

Or politics

Bill Clinton: The Musical!

For the truly masochistic: Heaven’s Gate: The Musical, or Waterworld: The Comedy (Hey, if ya got Dennis Hopper to do it, it might actually be as unintentionally funny as the movie.) :rolleyes:

Myst: The Musical

The audience is funneled into a room fogged with dry ice. You have to find the plot.

“We Were Soldiers Once…, The Musical,” music by Andrew Lloyd-Weber, cribbed from Vivaldi. KA-BOOM!

I’m curious…has anyone seen the Hunchback of Notre Dame musicals, besides the Disney one?

If so, were they any good? Because, to be honest, I can’t see Claude Frollo belting out showtunes…or rock tunes in the case of Dennis DeYoung’s version. But it wouldn’t surprise me if that one is quite good…

Why wait for the world to stop? Wouldn’t the centripetal force be a great help in spinning them out in the void? All we need is a really big catapult, right? Heinlein and others have already put forth some ideas on that score…

They could also make musicals out of commercials; how about Summer’s Eve, the Musi– OW! Hey! leggo!

From the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Amazing Colossal Episode Guide (Reflections on Eegah!)

I’m sorry. I just felt the need to post that.

MST3K-the MUSICAL!

I think that would actually be pretty cool

I can top all of that!

Walt Disney’s Oedipus Rex

I saw that in another thread, I dunno if it still exists.

It also should be said that in a world where Wuthering Heights becomes a Broadway musical, anything is possible.

All Quiet on the Western Front: The Musical

The Scarlet Letter: The Musical

Lolita: The Musical

Well, it’s not a full-length motion picture, but there’s always <em>Der Fuehrer’s Face</em>.

Music by Seals and Crofts!!

“Summer’s Eve…makes me feel fresh, glowing like the music of John Tesh…”

Okay, maybe not.

“Late Night with Conan O’Brien - The Musical”

No, wait, they actually did that as a bit on the show once.

I’ve got it!

“Chilton’s Auto Repair Manual - The Musical”

Cop Rock: The Musical

Hey! Who threw that?

Caligula: The Musical.

I actually planned to write this my sophomore year in college (I’d already written one or two satire scripts), but never got past the titles. The big love song was to be called “My Favorite Sister.” I’d want Iggy Pop to play Caligula.

It’s too late. A couple of months ago, I was ducking radio ads for a stage performance of Disney’s Aida, The Musical. I don’t know who wrote the music, but based on what little I could hear before switching channels or leaving the room, Verdi’s got no competition. Sheeesh! No wonder I get depressed!

CJ

I hate to admit it but a bunch of these sound really good. I keep wanting to call Ticketmaster.

This is true, back in the '80s I was commisioned by a then well known producer to do the book for a rock opera tenatively titled Kent State. It dealt with the actual killings of the students back in the early '70s at Kent State University who were protesting the U.S. incursion into Cambodia. I overlaid a love story on top of the conflict between the students and national guardsmen and had the curtain scene ending with the famous image of the girl screaming over the dead student on the pavement. I got paid and received compliments from the producer, but I am not sure if anyone else got any money out of the deal.

One of my great fears in life is that the show will some day surface and have a second shot at fame.

I’m sorry, but I’m having just the teensiest bit of trouble getting past this part. Maybe I’m naive, but isn’t this pretty much the fucking job description of a writer?

What a nimrod.

You guys are Officially Evil.

Hey, if airheaded producers run through every play, TV show, commercial and music video under the sun, maybe they would eventually make SDMB: The Musical. I would pay to hear songs like “You Goat-Felching Asshat” and “The First Time I Ever Saw You Rant.”

Silent Movie: the musical