Stop the fucking world so I can throw this idiot off

An illuminating quote from a producer of a Broadway show, from an article in the New York Times about how most musicals on Broadway are now adaptations from films…the rest speaks for itself.

Bolding most certainly mine.

Yikes.

YIKES YIKES YIKES.

My god, people what will happen when we run out of movies too?

j

Well, apparently creating something from HER head really WOULD be too tall an order.

—Eve (who wonders when the hell they’re going to revive “Miss Innocence,” “Very Good Eddie” and “The Gold Diggers” on B’way)

I dunno, her head would make quite an effective buoy. Should float well…

PT

Whoa… Ricki Lake was in “Hairspray”?

I gotta get out more.

The Phantom of the Opera - A gothic horror tale set to music.

Les Miserables - A depressing story about crime, police persecution, and crushing poverty, set to music.

Evita - A good time girl becomes the wife of a ruthless dictator, becomes the power behind the throne and a dictator in her own right, set to music.
I can’t wait for The Diary of Ann Frank, The Musical.

Let me know when you stop the world. I’d like to clear out a bunch of idiots myself. But don’t tell anyone else, lest someone try to toss me!

For true horror, Slip, what about DUDE WHERE’S MY CAR? the musical.

Feh, I can top you all.

Manos - the Hands of Fate: The Musical!

Andrew Lloyd Weber is pleased to present … Ishtar!

Actually, shortly after the release of “Hunchback of Notre Dame”, a friend of mine stated that there was no possible worse title to be turned into a Disney Animated Musical. This immediately started a back-and-forth with various titles suggested as “So-and-So, The Disney Animated Musical”. “The Pit and the Pendulum, The Disney Animated Musical”. “Paradise Lost, the Disney Animated Musical.”

I won the contest with “Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich, The Disney Animated Musical.”

I’m eagerly anticipating the premier of Showgirls, The Musical!

Laughs ass off at the thread title

I’m thinking we’ve already run out of movies. All I’ve seen advertised lately is remakes of old movies and TV shows.

God help us if it gets to

Small Wonder: The Musical

Oh, don’t worry. They’ll just make more movies out of lousy old television shows :rolleyes:

:eek:

Sure, because everyone knows that films just grow in cabbage patches. No one, god forbid, writes scripts or originates the stories that are made into film. I’m glad the interviewer left her comments in, her words make her own case that she’s a mornon.

A smart person would say “We turn to films that would make great plays, and try to combine the story and songs of a film with the energy and immediacy of live theater. We know the films have already connected with audiences, and we take pleasure in creating something new out of familiar material.”

Personally, I think Hairspray will be a blast as a musical.

Why is this woman producing Broadway musicals while Jarbabyj takes crazy man dication and I churn out invoices?

Don’t be too hard on the guy – he may have worded it better, but it’s a true enough observation:

…mudd

(Currently working on a novel which is an adaptation of a certain Greek tragedy, set in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.) :slight_smile:

Let’s see em make Silent Movie, the Musical.

Or a whimsical, light-hearted, toe-tapping adaption of Old Yeller.

There’s nothing new under the sun.

Britney Does Broadway!

Video games.
Metroid: The Musical!