Stories you can have

I put up a thread about having story ideas, but being unable to write. I’m a big sci-fi fan, especially time-travel & alternate universe stories. I was thinking about what it would be like to be immortal or near-immortal. Assuming you don’t die in an accident and could live 100’s or 1000’s or years, aging slowly.

Here’s the idea: What would you do with all your stuff? Look around your house or apartment and all the stuff you’ve accumulated over the years and imagine what you’d do if you lived several thousand years.

Two words popped into my head: “Infinity Towers”. The longer you lived, the taller the tower would become. Of course you’d have to figure out a way to survive wars, government changes, and so forth, but you could put the story in a fantasy setting - starting in the Middle Ages and going forward with the towers being mystically protected or some such nonsense.

Just an idea.

Yeah… Someone named TRUMPy goiong for real estate. How ironic!

Yer pal,
Satan

Hmmm…I think I offered to ghost-write your story for you, but you need to put a little more meat on those bones,Trumpy. I’ll cogitate on it and let you know if I get any brilliant ideas.

Sycorax,
Not necessarily looking to have a book ghost-written, but thanks, anyway. As far as more meat, I thought maybe the story is set in the distant future and someone (aliens, archaeologists) come across them and investigate or something. Maybe they’re in a big city like New York, where tall buildings blend in with the background. I’m sure there are buildings there that been basically forgotten about and/or overlooked.

Just random thoughts.