story of Diverticulitis and a sleep number bed

Sad and kinda funny story.

My SO had a horrible day yesterday. She has diverticulitis and has been suffering for weeks. She had a CT scan early yesterday and the results came back in the afternoon.

Anyhow, long story short, she was sent home with stronger antibiotics and a liquid diet and told to “hang in there” till she sees the Dr. on Tuesday.

Needless to say, she was not very comfortable even with the pain meds she was issued.
Poor dear.

Here comes the funny part.

Last night was our first night on our new “sleep number” bed. Well, I looked through the manual, consulted the website, plugged in our heights and weights and determined that my “sleep number” should be around 65 and hers should be about 45.

We were both exhausted from the long day at the hospital and doctor and were excited to try our new bed.

As we got into bed everything felt nice and we went to sleep. A couple hours later she wanted to soften her side up a bit so she decreased the number .
Meanwhile, I felt like I would appreciate a little firmer mattress, so I grabbed my remote and dialed up my number.

At about 4 am, she was riding a hard mattress and I was sunken into the bed.
Her ribs were sore and my back and neck were killin’ me.

Turns out we had the remotes back asswords. Every time she was softening the bed, I was firming it up.

She had my side dialed down to 15 and I had hers up to 100…

I thought our new bed was defective and it turned out to be a I D 10 T error.

Once I figured out what the problem was, I laughed my ass off.
After the stress of the last month it felt great.

We still have the diverticulitis to be concerned about, but I’ll bet our bed is a hell of a lot more comfy tonight.

Anyone with diverticulitis or a sleep number bed, please share you experiences with either.

Merry Christmas!

I laughed. Found it interesting you both awoke uncomfortable I thought you might actually like the sinking feeling.

We have a sleep number as well (love it). Our one dog definitely likes my side better.

We’ve had one for about 5 years, and love it. It’s supposed to be good for my fibromyalgia and RA, and I definitely miss it terribly when we’re on vacation. Be warned, though, if the power goes off and then back on, the pump under the bed will suddenly clunk loudly. You can then peel yourselves off the ceiling, especially if it’s in the middle of the night.

We love our bed … I’m a 40, she’s a 55 or 60. The only thing I don’t like about it is the foam divider between the mattresses. I refer to it as the “piss-poor bundling board”. It does make for great jokes when we wish to get intimate. Questions like, “Hard or soft?” send us into fits of laughter. Half the time, we end up tangoing across the divider on both mattresses, which then leads to inventive ways to try to extricate ourselves from an unfamiliar mattress setting.