Straight Dope Subscription Help 2006

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I hate to post in here, but I will - with ElzaHub still job-hunting, I’m considering not renewing my subscription due to money issues. I rely on this place to entertain me during the day;). I know I’m not one of the more prolific posters, but if someone can cover me this year, I’ll pass the buck next year and do the same for another, or gladly pay you back in a couple of months when ElzaHub’s working again, whichever you’d prefer.

E.

Elza B, I can cover you. I haven’t even put my renewal in yet, so I’ll do them both at the same time. E-mail me!

Will do! Thanks so much!

E.

As I said earlier, I posted a request for some emergency assistance. Within hours I had 5 Dopers email with offers to help. It feels good to be around good people.

As it turns out, Ragiel, LVgeogeek, jsgoddess, InternetLegend, and Zakalwe all offered to help, and before I knew it I was re-upped twice. (which I’ll sort out offline)

A public thank you to them.

In the meantime, I haven’t received my replacement cards yet, but will in the next day or 2 or 3. (I cancelled the cards and they’re reissuing new ones)

I will post when they come in, and will be glad to return the favor by re-upping someone or two or so.

I don’t have a checkbook and stamps, but a money order and stamps? Anyone? (FWIW, I do have paypal, but my bank account is overdrawn and I’m not going to have enough money to get it up positive before the reup deadline.

Gotcha covered.

I also am available to help cover someone if needed. Great folks here and it’s the least I can do.

Thanks from me, too, since it was the raindog who helped me out a few weeks ago, so I really owe you all. I have donated £10 to charity since he declined reimbursement. Thank you!

It feels kind of weird to do this, but here goes. If someone would like to spot me the $7.50 for renewal, I’d gladly pay them back next month, once finals are over and I’ve had time to earn some money. Alternatively, I’d be willing to barter for some small handknit item, like a cabled hat, scarf, a pair of mittens, or something of equivalent size if you don’t like/can’t use any of those. Or a donation to charity or some volunteer work if that suits you better. I’d rather not just do a freebie, as my people are a proud people. Any takers?

OK, going to do it now.

When you have money, donate it to some bleeding heart leftist charity or other, or give it to some bum. (Pick a bum that you would ordinarily ignore.)

Tris

Well, I finally got my check cashed yesterday, but no way to get it into the Reader’s hands in time. Can I solicit the generosity of some Doper once again, with a guarantee to repay (cash or money order) promptly?

Duh.

Page two.

Anyway, I have no button to click on the subscribe page, it tells me I cannot subscribe because I already did. So, the method mentioned in Tuba’s post won’t work, evidently.

Still willing to sponsor someone, just a bit confused, and a day late.

Tris

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi ~

Poly Poly. Send me the password, and I will re up you. Then change it. I can’t do it the other way, cause I already paid my own.

Then change your password.

Tris.

Polycarp should be good to go.

OK

Tris

Oh, sorry, Triskadecamus, didn’t mean to step on your toes. For what it’s worth, you can directly subscribe any member via one of the following URLs:

https://securesite.chireader.com/cgi-bin/sdmb/subscribe.bat?subscriptionid=1&userid=XXXXX&amount=7.48&currency_code=USD
https://securesite.chireader.com/cgi-bin/sdmb/subscribe.bat?subscriptionid=1&userid=XXXXX&amount=14.95&currency_code=USD

where the former is for a charter member, and the latter is for non-charter. You just have to substitute their actual user ID number for the XXXXX in the address. You can get the user ID by mousing over their profile information on one of their posts. For me, for instance, if you click on my name and stick the mouse over the link to my profile, you can see my user ID is 31937.

(this information is from the link on the first page of the thread, but it probably has a use on the second page).

You should be good to go. Just pay it forward, if you don’t mind.

Thanks, Jimmy, for the info, and for the kind act.

Anyone who would like to be reupped, and feels uncomfortable about posting it, email me at my board address, and I will do it. (Up to twice, after which someone else can take a swing.) Pay foreward, as noted above.

Tris

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi ~

Many thanks, Graycat. You’ve made my day, absolutely. I will definitely pay it forward–there may soon be a women’s shelter in the area receiving a donation in the name of Grey T. Katt. (I’ve decided your middle name is Theosophus–is that okay?)