Straight Dope Subscription Help 2006

Thanks so much for helping out a Doper, shy person whose name I will not mention but is one of the kind people who offered.

That was a really great thing to do and I can’t even begin to tell you how much I appreciate it!

If anybody still needs help, my e mail addy is in my profile.
Good dopers are hard to find, I am happy to help out.

the raindog,

I saw your request in the other thread, you should be covered now. Don’t bother to send me the money, just pick up somebody else and we’ll call it even!

I can afford to sponsor the a membership for one person. Feel free to email me at the address in my profile. :slight_smile:

In The Other Thread related to this (now closed) I mentioned that I lost my wallet yesterday and didn’t have my plastic to renew by the 28th.

In the several hours that followed I had 5 Dopers offer to help. And, I am now re-upped. I appreciate the offers, and the help.

I am eager to return the hospitality and goodwill. In a couple days I will be re-armed and ready to help out a couple Dopers if there is a need.

Thanks again.

I re-upped at least a week ago but didn’t get a confirmation. Please advise.

Bryan, check your User CP. On the left side, under Miscellaneous, Paid Subscriptions. Check the date your membership expires.

Are you all set??

Woo-hoo! I’ll be around 'til April 28, 2007.

Thanks.

If someone can spot me the re-up fee (which is $7.48, and expires on 04/28/06), I’ll gladly repay within the next two weeks or so…

Ooo! I will, I will!

All set; if Paypal works for you I can send a payment request…???

Did you ever get someone to help you out? If not, let me know. Email’s in my profile.

I’ve got faithfool covered.

HOLY CRAP!

I’m more than waaaaaaaaaaaaaay covered!! I’m sorry I haven’t been back since sometime I posted this last week… I ended up working on the moving thing at my trailer (plumbing problems and all) and wasn’t online at all until now. So very, very sorry everyone. And now I’ve found that I’ve been re-upped more than once. Thank you silenus, InternetLegend and some other folks who didn’t divulge their screen name. Oh my, how you people rock! Then there’s the absolute sweetest Doper known to the SDMB, Scotti, who has apparently (?) hooked me up via PayPal. Gosh, I LOVE that woman!

Not to mention, all the others who’ve simply emailed asking if I still need a go-between. Wow! I am awed and overwhelmed with appreciation.

Now, I’m going to have to run for the time being and haul more boxes, but could everyone please send along their information so I can forward repayment? If not, I’ll be more than happy to cover for someone else after May 1st. Just let me know. This is all so awesome and I’m simply glad to be part of it. Be it one way, or in the ‘pay-it-forward’ other.

Thanks again and again and again!!!

Oh, and a P.S. to everyone who has emailed offering help: as soon as I’m able (hopefully tonight) to actually sit down at the computer for at least 10 minutes or so, I’ll be replying to you all. Can’t let such thoughtfulness go without me fawning over y’all for at least a book-length or so.

You’ve all been forewarned. :wink: Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and bring snacks!

I get my tax return this week, and I’ve decided I would like to spend at least a little of it in the fight against ignorance. Since I myself am a man of average intelligence, the best way to do so is obviously to subsidize the memberships of those brainier than I.

If you need to re-up between now and May 15th and need assistance (need is for you to determine, but in general I mean people for whom the $15 is a real difficulty rather than mere inconvenience; it’s inconvenient for all of us), feel free to send me a PM. I might impose toadying conditions on you such as a sig line that reads “this wisdom brought to you through the OneCentStamp knowledge fund.” Or I might not.

I am still happy to sponsor a doper in need. Drop me an e mail

Could some kind soul please help me…I’m good for the cash I just don’t have a credit card. Pretty pleeeeease. :slight_smile:

Kiwi, it’s my pleasure - 'bout time I did something for the Antipodes!
My addy’s in my profile - drop me a line. :slight_smile: