Streaming Are You Being Served

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know where I might be able to stream the British comedy from the 70’s Are You Being Served? This has turned out to be one of my favorite shows, but it’s only on A PBS station and not shown in order.

If you’ve never seen it try to. It’s really quite funny.

I see at least some episodes on Youtube - - YouTube

Maybe you can access them there.

Moderator Action

Moving thread from General Questions to Cafe Society.

This is why I think the death of DVDs / physical media is a bad idea. Your entertainment choices are now at the sole mercy of a single entity, whoever has the rights to it and is currently providing it. They can remove it from their list at any time, and you’re shit out of luck. That’s just not right.

The same thing can happen with DVDs. If no one has the rights to sell a show on DVD, you’re out of luck there, too. Until recently, “Batman” was unavailable. “WKRP in Cincinnati” was also unavailable with the original music, and the rights to some of the music is still unavailable.

Fortunately, “Are You Being Served?” is available on DVD, so that problem doesn’t exist.

I think GuanoLad’s point was, once you own the DVDs, no one can deny you access to them. He was talking about taking something that used to be available and removing it.

I have the whole series on DVD. Great investment.

Precisely. Yeah, it sucks having to wait sometimes, but that’s true no matter where it’s being provided. The point is, with physical media (DVDs, books, CDs) once you own it, it’s a one-time fee and it’s yours forever. Now it’s an ongoing fee and it goes away at their whim.

I agree. This is one reason I’m a bit leery of “the cloud”.