Stuff that should be rebooted

“The Immortal”-Man with rare blood that rejuvenates transfusion recipients. Rich ones hunt him for it.

“Coronet Blue”-Amnesia victim searching for his identity.

Lucky Louie on HBO.

After rising to the top of the comedy world, Louie finds himself back in the same shitty apartment after losing everything in lawsuits following multiple sex scandals. Pamela Adlon co-stars as the ex-wife who drops by every now and then just to laugh at him.

Battlestar Galactica’s reboot was not just better than the original, it is in my opinion one of the best shows of all time.

I heard Hawai 5-0 is better than the original, but I’ve never seen either.

Interesting casting is right. How many films feature James Cagney, Donald O’Connor, Jeff Daniels, Fran Drescher, Mandy Patinkin, Norman Mailer and Samuel L. Jackson?

Nayland Smith was promoting the interests of the British Empire. From the Chinese point of view, that could easily look like a diabolical criminal mastermind bent on world domination. Set the story in a neutral country, and you could portray both of them as villains, or both of them as sympathetic.

I would love to see some of the great detective movies from the 30s, 40s & 50s to be redone with modern production values but set in the same time period. Probably as TV series and not as movies.
Examples:
[ul]
[li]Bulldog Drummond[/li][li]Boston Blackie[/li][li]The Shadow[/li][li]The Falcon[/li][li]Philo Vance[/li][li]Ellery Queen[/li][/ul]

A proper reboot of The Saint would be nice if done as author Leslie Charteris originally wrote him, instead of the whitebread good guy he is usually portrayed as.

A gritty reboot of Small Wonder which will invariably end in the philosophical quandary of whether it’s acceptable to sleep with your android pseudo-daughter that, for some reason, you put in a nubile teen body. Also, you’ll have nosy neighbors.

It wouldn’t be a remake so much as a first time, but I’d like to see a well done Genesis II (Planet Earth, Strange New World, whatever). The concept was good, the movies are still OK, allowing for the 70s cheese factor.

And I’d love to see the series based on The Questor Tapes. I think it would still work.

These are all failed pilots, but I think the concepts were sound and would still work in the modern era.

You didn’t hear it from me, that’s for sure. The new one is horrible, IMO. YMMV. Same goes for the look of the New Magnum.

And the new MacGyver series is also horrible.

What I’d like to see rebooted or revived is Law & Order. The original series, particularly in its episodic format. No season-long arcs, no arch villains. Just stories that resolve over the course of an hour.

Before Denzel ruined any chance of it, I would have loved an Equalizer reboot. Not hating the movies, but I think they muddy the water too much.
Would also love to see Wiseguy redone.

But nowadays the guy would cover his door with cameras to see who’s leaving the papers. Or did he ever do that in the original? I never watched it- couldn’t stand the star.

Similarly, I’d like to see Mission Impossible rebooted but the Tom Cruise movie series probably makes that impossible. The movies make it seem as if his character is a one-man show but the series was all about a team working together.

My prediction for the next phase of golden age TV: well written stories with complex characters about people trying to be decent. Rather than shows about horrible people like Tony Soprano, Don Draper, or Walter White, a remake of the Waltons about an Appalachian family during the Great Depression, trying hard to be good people under extraordinarily difficult and stressful conditions.

Not an actual adaptation, but Last Man on Earth was basically what a modern-day Gilligan’s Island might look like.

I really enjoyed Momentum with Olga Kurylenko and Morgan Freeman. It ended with a whole lot more needing to be played out. I would definitely like to see a sequel.

After reading the wiki for the author, Leslie Charteris, I’d be equally interested in seeing a film made from his life story.

I quite liked the “master and commander” film but I reckon a full, big budget TV series of O’Brian’s novels would be great fun. Do it as a a proper adult presentation and we can have the full quota of blood, sex, pirates and hot shanty action.

They already did Bewitched. Even Nicole Kidman couldn’t save it.

And I disagree. yes the original was camp, but it was fun, enjoyable camp. The second version had a THEME and a MORAL and they would beat you about the head with it constantly.

Sure, it had better effects and was far more serious, and of course- dark and gritty. I hate dark and gritty.