Stupid commercials that you LIKE

I like the Dos Equis ads with the Most Interesting Man in the World. They don’t make much sense, but they’re still excellent. “I don’t always drink beer…but when I do…I prefer…Dos Equis.”

I like that one especially for the line “Bigfoot has been known to take pictures of him”.

The one with the little pig who hangs out of the window with the pinwheels and yells “weeeeeeee, weeeeeee weeeeeee”, just completely cracks me up every single time.

“Hello Todd, I’m calling to let you know I’m giving you the silent treatment…”

http://youtu.be/mkwHFVdFsJ8

She reminds me of a girlfriend I had back in HS.

I love the 1-800-Contacts commercial where the man says, “They can’t have my brand! I have…special eyes!” I don’t know why it cracks me up so, but it does.

The Ally commercial where the grocery customer lets another guy cut in front of him in line. That guy who cut in line ends up becoming the store’s one millionth customer, winning $50,000, and whoops it up, while the first guy just stares at him, looking really pissed off.

“When he is in Rome, they do as he does.” was the best of those.

This one had a lot of haters in the other thread, but I’m with you.

My favorite part is the utter self-loathing he had by the end of the commercial.

Hefty plates at a Renfair or something

The Jimmy Fallon one with the baby in a high chair. (Jimmy Fallon ends up wearing Cheerios on his face.) When he asks, “Don’t you want more money?” the kid answers, “No!” in a petulant, defiant voice that my husband and I have tried to master. :smiley:

Yeah, me too. Sadly there is no one in my life except my ex boyfriend with whom I can display random objects aloft and yell “Whoo!” with. I miss that guy. Hey, J… “Whoo!” (kitten) Anyone else in my sphere would roll eyes and think less of me.

I have to admit that I find the E*Trade talking baby commercials funny.

The Naughty Librarian

That’s one of my favorite commercials of all time, because that pothole is doing a spot-on impression of one of my co-workers. Cracks me up.

I like the Subaru commercials with the dogs going camping, or to the beach. In fact, I have decided that if I ever rule the world, all commercials will have dogs in them.

I love “Mayhem” and my husband hates him. Naturally, I look for “Mayhem” commercials as often as I can.
I, too, love the DirecTV “When you study karate, you fall into a dinner party” commercials. I try to make up ludicrous ones.

I like the one with the Eskimo/Aleutian woman drinking water from an Arctic stream, and the perky cheerleader woman rushes up and says “Helllooooo!” with her bottle of water she says that she got from the drinking fountain at the mall, but it tastes so good because she ran it through a Brita filter or somesuch. The commercial is BS, but I just love the actresses and their total delight in drinking water! They’re so fucking happy!

My favorite is: "his mom has a tattoo that says “son”.

I also like the older DirectTV commercials with the Opulent Russian who owns a tiny giraffe!

I don’t think these commercials are ‘stupid’, though, I think they’re quite clever.

Oh my, yes.

I like the commercial for Sprint with the boss, who I guess is German, speaking to his employee who missed the important on-line presentation because he had uploaded too many vacation pictures and used up all of his monthly data. The boss looks at his phone and some of the vacation pictures; the employee appears in a bathing suit and the boss goes “oh!”, and then when he sees the next one he makes this sort of disapproving grunt/snarl-sort of sound. I’m butchering this description but I’m at work so I can’t find it to provide a link. My wife and I always FF through the commercials but when we see that one we back it up and try to mimic the boss’ grunt.

The other one is for, I think, State Farm. Husband is on the phone with the SF rep in the middle of the night; wife catches him and think’s he’s talking to a woman. She grabs the phone and yells “what are you wearing, Bob? If that is your real name…” The SF rep goes “um, khakis and a shirt”. Wife hands the phone back to hubby and says “she sounds hideous!” and hubby says “well, she’s a guy, so…”