Stupid Facebook Meme

Consider this stolen.

That didn’t happen.

Mark?

Cedar Rapids?

And here’s something stolen from News Radio:

Tragedy struck today in Sector 9 as rebel terrorists blew up the Death Star killing thousands. The Rebel Alliance, a fringe group of Anti-Empire fanatics, has claimed responsibility for the terrorist act. Fortunately Lord Vader escaped without harm. Our hearts go out to the families of the victims.

Posted!

I know you’re joking, but there’s a school of thought that says it might actually make a difference, if only that it’s being perceived that 100,000 people support land rights for gay whales, then it must be Serious Business.

It’s one of the many, many reasons I dislike “Slacktivism” and people pretending to care about things they actually aren’t all that interested in but want to look cool or trendy, but that’s another topic…

As cute and clever as the Alderaan update is, I find myself pretty much equally annoyed when people post these anti-meme memes. Especially since they tend to go in spurts, and I’ll see someone post it six months after it had died out the first time.

Also posted. Although I fiddled with it a bit first:

It just amuses me more that way.

The first word of the thread title seems rather redundant.

Me too, and I was about to post the same thing. Copy and paste if you agree!!!1111

THe one I really hate is ‘most people have 1000 wishes - a cancer patient only has one’. Right, because cancer patients never, ever want anything else. And people without cancer just have stupid, worthless desires - nobody else thinks about their health or anything!

Yeah! Stupid, selfish, cancer patients!

Praying?

Hoping

I did both. Does this make me a bad person…or just too meta?

Facebook?

What’s that?