Stupid Gun news of the day (Part 1)

In Hawaii, and armed man has barricaded himself into his hotel room and has fired five shots so far. This is still on going.

(HI is possibly THE hardest state in America to even get a handgun… and you can’t just drive them in from a red state. Planes won’t let you on with them. How did he even get one? )

You may transport unloaded firearms in checked baggage. It is not illegal to bring a gun into Hawaii but you must register it with local police within five days of arrival.

He was just standing his ground. That 8 month old was coming right for him!

Woman goes into store, 9-year-old left in the car finds a gun, shoots 11-year-old also in the car.

Over now.

Suicide is third tied to isle’s submarine force

A Pacific Fleet sailor barricades himself at the Kahala Hotel before taking his own life

By Allison Schaefers

aschaefers@staradvertiser.com

The death of a sailor of a self-inflicted gunshot after a barricade situation at the The Kahala Hotel & Resort was the third tied to Hawaii’s submarine force in the past 16 months.

Florida Man cleaning his gun in his house kills his neighbor in her house.

I’m sure he’s a good christian man, who has been punished enough by this tragedy that he should face no other outcome.

For anyone who thinks that parents leaving unsecure guns around is only a threat to their own children.

But, I’m sure that she has been punished enough by this tragedy.

Some gallows humor for those reading this thread:

Six children shot at a birthday party. The shooter was another child.

That’s even more disturbing in the context of the previous post.

“I was cleaning it and it went off” is not just a stupid explanation (because it means stupid gun handling), it is such an old and tired one he should be embarrassed to use it.

Every gun owner is a responsible gun owner, until they’re not.

You know very well you cannot clean a gun without it has a chambered round. Especially the part where you do the barrel.

Much like sheep are startled by the rising sun and all the green stuff around them, everything is new to Florida Man.

Only wimps clean a gun with the chamber empty.

Given how frequently it is cited, it does raise the question of whether that is actually what happened or whether its the go to excuse to cover up something even more stupid and reckless . (i.e. they were “cleaning” the gun by throwing it up in the air and trying to catch it by the trigger.)

Perhaps they’re “cleaning” it by using a bullet to blow the dirt out of the barrel?

Isn’t that the first step in cleaning a gun?

I think we need a new regulation: a legal firearm cannot have a built-in trigger. The owner can keep the trigger piece on a bracelet, so they do not have to go searching for it. To put it in, one would have to insert the top bar, swing the trigger piece up into its channel and slide it forward about 4mm until the upper tab goes into the keyway.

This could be done in about half a second, since there would be no trigger guard, and the piece would fall out if not being held in place. It could be held in the channel without being set in the keyway, so one could hold the gun ready without having a finger on the trigger, since that last move is required for shooting.

This would force a person to engage their brain somewhat rather than just grabbing a gun and shooting. And children would have a harder time shooting a gun if the adult owner keeps the trigger on themself. Ammosexuals would most likely cry havoc, but they would probably not get much traction.