Suggest a book about Israel/Palestine

I’d like to learn more about the nuances of the situation in Israel/Palestine. Is there a book out there that gives a more or less objective history lesson about that area of the world? I hesitate to just go browsing Amazon because I don’t want to read something that is very slanted one way or the other.
Any suggestions?

If you’re looking for some history, I’d recommend starting with A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East by David Fromkin.

You won’t find any book giving an objective history, but although it’s rather dated, but in my opinion O Jerusalem! is one of the better books to start with. While it lacks some modern research, it does capture the essence of the conflict.

An excellent question and I’m interested in suggestions too. I have educated myself on the history and issues and confess to considerable cynicism regarding the plight of the Palestinians. But sympathy too.

RIGHTEOUS VICTIMS by Benny Morris is pretty good.

Thanks! I’m going to try the Fromkin and the Morris. 1400 pages of Middle East history. That should at least give me the beginnings of an idea of what’s going on.