Superhero battles we'd like to see.

Second stringers like the X-Men? (Secret Wars). Spidey also once punched out a herald of Galactus. In Nightwing’s favor, he has regularly gone against the very Spiderman-like Deathstroke: enhanced strength and reflexes, plus an array of weapons. Deathstroke once took on the Justice League including Flash and Green Lantern and nearly won.

In a competent writer’s hand, Spiderman versus Nightwing would be a very good fight, and the predetermined winner would have a good reason for winning while the loser would still look good. In the hands of a rabid fan of either of the participants, you’ll have crap one-offs like those mentioned above laying the groundwork for a very one-sided fight (ignoring the other side’s one-offs).

The Tick vs. Spiderman is a funny idea.

Grenn on Green

Martian Manhunter vs. the Hulk.

That’s right thanks. I always liked the charecter and collected a limited series years ago.

Deathstroke vs. Punisher crossover could be pretty cool. If they wound up working together vs. A common enemy then I pity the fools.
Iron Fist vs. the Legions Karate Kid. Of course he’d ave to come back to life first.

Then there’s Ferro lad, vs Iron Man, or better yet the Thing. The piece of Iron vs. the pile of rocks.

Since both those characters died, which one are you referring to?

Both are back again, anyway.

I agree. No non super powered charecter would last long with Spidey in any serious fight. Too fast and too strong. Punches from the non super powered should be hardly felt by Mr’s Parkers little boy. For reasons known only to the inner circle whenever Spidey fights the non super he seems much slower and less strong. I remember reading the Spiderman Daredevil meetups and wondering why Spidey didn’t swat him aside.

I see, It’s been many years since I followed the comics. The Karate Kid saga where he died was quite good. I hadn’t heard about Iron Fist.

Hey! Did I hear that Blue Beetle died? Not the original that was years ago, but the other non super one.

Daredevil is superstrong and super agile, as well. Gifts from the toxic waste. Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.
The JLA and Byrne (WWII) crossovers are available in trade paperback.

Yes, shot in the head by Maxwell Lord.

…during 'Countdown To Infinite Crisis."

Ambush Bug vs. Impossible Man.

To nitpick, Batman concedes that Cap might be able to beat him, if memory serves.

Heh. More on equal footing, how about Ambush Bug vs. Madcap or Slapstick, and Impossible Man vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk? Then again, it has been hinted unofficially that Mxy and the Imp are the same guy…

“I reassembled myself from component particles twice. I cannot be discorporated… I can use my abilities to perceive the future as the present… (beat)Wait a minute, I lose?”

Um…no he isn’t, unless they reinvented his origin. The toxic waste blinded him and heightened his other senses as well as giving him a sort of radar. His physical gifts are the result of years of training.

Daredevil

Spider-Man holds back whenever he fights a “normal” foe. One of the few times he let loose was against the Sin-Eater (?), who he left a crippled mess AND this guy had a version of the super soldier formula running in veins. I think in that story-line, The Death of Jean DeWolf …Daredevil is aware of his limitations against Spider-Man and uses Spider-Man’s rage against himself in order to “blind” him into ignoring his Spider-sense and get the drop on him.

Did the Pre-Crisis version of Wonder Woman ever take on Spider-Man? That would be an interesting battle. The current version of Wonder Woman would take him down with a minimum of fuss, but in the earlier era, she was nowhere near as strong/durable as she is now, so Spidey would have a much better chance!

:confused: Does this seem kinda brokey to anyone else? Cause to me this sounds like Nightwing could take on the JLA by himself.

This sort of thing is silly. There’s only so far you can make a fight even before you strain even the most comic bookiest sense of plausibility. I mean, I think Spider Man is great, but Superman would hand him his ass in about 10 seconds.

Let’s all remember that every comic book character will be exactly as powerful as the scriptwriter(s) want him/her to be for any particular story.

Agreed. Happens too often in comic books, though.

But Spiderman beat a herald of Galactus in a fist fight! A frickin’ HERALD of GALACTUS!

I can’t remember who wrote that issue (yes, it took only one issue), but someone needed to take him out back after that and give him a good smack with the good ol’ Clue-by-Four[sup]TM[/sup].

Spiderman has had difficulty against highly skilled normals many times in the past. Nightwing is a highly skilled normal. Whether it is because Spiderman holds back or whatever other plot contrivance it comes down to, superhero fights are rarely open arena free-for-alls, especially when its super vs. normal. If you are going to throw out standard comic book conventions for these fights, then yes, the odds are heavily, even overwhelmingly, stacked in Spiderman’s favor.

Did Wonder Man ever fight Doc Samson or the Thing. He musta fought the Thing.

How about Xmen vs. Thunder Agents? or FF vs. Thunder Agents

Dynamo vs. Thing would be good.

Of course DoomsDay vs. Hulk would bring down skyscrapers.

OO Ooo I know.

Amazing MAn vs. Absorbing Man