Supernatural is back tonight!

I think she’s an angel, sent to help even things out again.

ETA: Or maybe Sam’s counterpart - a human groomed by the good side and raised to special heights. Like…some kind of person who slays, or something. :smiley:

I whole-heartedly agree. The demons weren’t scary at all, and if anything, they seemed to be easier to get rid of than any of the other demons they’ve faced.

The whole episode felt forced, flat, and rushed to me. There was no real suspense, things didn’t make sense (how exactly was Dean able to resist Lust’s persuasion?), the “sex scene” at the beginning was cringeworthy, and nobody seemed like himself. And the previews for next week looked lame. Ugh.

At least we got to see Bobby looking sharp in a suit. I love me some Bobby.

Lol. :slight_smile:

Though, If she is…it’s kinda not very angelic to be killing potentially innocent people because they got on the wrong side of a black beam of incoming demon. Our guys at least *try * to go the exorcism route and *try * to save the innocent human.

I would postulate that Dean, being already full of lust, was invulnerable to her effects, like Kanye West would be invulnerable to an attack by Pride or Homer Simpson would be invulnerable to an attack by Gluttony (or Sloth, for that matter).

Alternately, I don’t know if she bothered to give Dean a jolt of her magic. Maybe she thought it was unnecessary in light of his natural urges.

Maybe she’s not a very good angel.

None. One had possessed the hunter’s corpse, if you remember, and was pinned down with that holy wood stake (and then presumably exorcised). The other six were all accounted for - the host of Envy dying after exorcism, the hosts of Lust and Sloth surviving the ordeal and the other three being killed by the knife.

My husband thinks it was a Chevelle.

Did anyone notice and think it might mean something that the car in the driveway at the beginning was really dusty, like it had been sitting there for awhile? This was when the guy took his garbage out.

You hardly ever see a dirty car on TV, unless it’s dirty for a reason. Whenever I see a parked car that’s dusty, I think of that Stephen King story about the rest stop.

That actor was wooden as Pinocchio. He was a little bit better after being possessed, but not much.

I did notice - and he looked at it like he didn’t like it there much, like it was the car of an unwelcome guest.

To me, it looked like he was envious of the other cars in the street. There he was with his dusty old car, while all his neighbours owned flash motors.

That’s probably what led Envy to possess him, he was already full of envy. Ditto the other deadly sins demons and their hosts: Sloth chose a big, fat guy. Lust, a hot chick. Pride, a sharp-suited businessman.

He was looking askance at his Toyota because he was looking just before that he was staring with envy at the neighbor’s much more expensive cars.

Ah, so there was a reason for it. Cool. His house was just as nice as the others on the block, but I guess Envy never allows you to be satisfied with what you have.

I wasn’t reading any expressions from that guy at all, not even when the garbage cans started dancing.

Aaaaah. Thanks for the explanation about the car. I wondered if there were cat prints in the dust or something. (You can tell that I don’t know anything about cars. :D)

Did we see enough of the car to tell anything about it except that it was dirty? There could have been a Mercedes under all that dust.

“Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son”

I actually liked the rushed pace. When it became obvious that the seven sins were on the loose, and they lamented that it’d be a bitch to kill them, I feared they’d drag it out forever.

New shiny titles and a little more budget for sfx, which was nice, though the black cloud going in to the mouth wasn’t very convincing.

All in all a promising season opener.

It was a Toyota. I could see the emblem on the back.