Supporting a floating counter top?

Use the link I posted previously, mine works.

Yep, it does. My 53" x 18" x 2" oak shelf, supported at the ends, should be good to over 600# per foot. I think I should be fine. :cool:

GMANCANADA had previously provided the correct link.

Also make sure you specify an undermount bowl with a glazed exterior so you don’t have rough porcelain on display.

I installed a 5 foot long floating counter in a kitchen I remodeled. I found a company in Colorado that made custom steel corbels and I ordered a couple from this company. Each was guaranteed to support a ton, this more than enough for what I needed. The quality was amazing and they worked perfectly. I know longer live in the house and I can’t find a picture of them right now.

I’m thinking about a vessel sink, something like this, so the exterior looks good too.

Have you ever actually used a vessel sink? More than a simple hand wash in a powder room? They are pretty impractical.

Since it’s for a tiny powder room at the back of my house, a simple hand wash is all it will ever be used for.

We have the same style in our powder room, except over a poured concrete countertop.

Our’s is a vessel sink (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingston-Brass-Round-Glass-Vessel-Sink-in-Clear-HEVSPCC1/204490149) plus wall mounted “basin tap set” (similar style to this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/VIGO-Single-Hole-Single-Handle-Wall-Mount-Vessel-Bathroom-Faucet-in-Brushed-Nickel-VG05001BN/204720965)

Looks great but very impractical. After people wash their hands, most reach up to turn the tap off before they dry them. Their hands drip water in the space between the vessel and the wall. Water will inevitably penetrate any countertop sealing coat. After 10 years, ours is now noticeably stained between the vessel and the wall.

I don’t know if I’d recommend against it, it is a elegant nice look, but I’d say you’ll need to be super vigilant, especially with a wood countertop. Every time you or your guests use it you will need to wipe up the water ASAP.

An acquaintance who has this ended up having to leave a hand towel (or paper towels) laying in that area to catch the dripping water Works well (as long as you remember to replace the towels before mold starts growing).
But kind of spoils the ‘elegant’ look.

Perhaps one of those faucets that has an IR detector to sense the hands are there would be a good idea? That way the user doesn’t have to reach over the sink to turn it on.

And my only experience with a vessel sink was in a hotel where there was very little countertop next to the vessel. That made it awkward when I wanted to put down my toothbrush and toothpaste.