Surprising Celebrity Couples That seem Far Fetched

Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach seemed like another rock star marrying a pretty blond actress, but it’s 35 years and counting.

Alan Greenspan and Andrea Mitchell. There’s a 20-year age difference. Looking at them, I would’ve guessed it was closer to 30. She’s an effervescent TV personality and he is a nose-in-the books economist. Still, they are both DC policy wonks and their marriage seems to work for them.

Maybe I need to refine my idea of celebrity.

James Carville and Mary Matalin. It’s sort of like Lizard Boy marries Cruella, but aside from that, they are at polar ends of the political spectrum.

Is Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett too obvious? Did anyone even know who Lyle Lovett was and suddenly he was married to one of the biggest celebrities in the world.

Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley.

When I first heard that they had married, I assumed it was a hoax.

WHAT?? That’s a good one :slight_smile:

I read this and thought “That sounds like the odd pairing of the tech millionaire and first female baseball player from the show Pitch.” I’m guessing this is where they got their inspiration!

Was Billy Bob and Angelina Jolie weird at the time? I remember people thinking it was weird but they were (are) both weirdos. I guess considering she moved on from Billy Bob and eventually landed on “Hollywood Heartthrob Brad Pitt” makes it more weird for Billy Bob.

After he made some news recently for subduing an unruly passenger on a flight, we all learned that boring dry white cracker and 80’s “heartthrob” (not sure for who) Richard Marx is married to sexy sassy Latina 90’s MTV fun girl Daisy Fuentes. I am sure more people than me went “what, really??”

Let’s hope for their sake that their real relationship doesn’t end the way their Fargo relationship ended! :stuck_out_tongue:

They were married in 1993. Lyle had earned his first Gold Record in 1988 so he was known, at least to Country Music/Music fans.

I didn’t know until after her death that Carrie Fisher was briefly married to Paul Simon back in the 80s.

Unlikely, since they were dating well before that show started airing.

Julie Chen and CBS president Les Moonves
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. Even after they have done all of those commercials together, I still can’t see them as a couple.

For all intents and purposes, it was.

That is why the show was able to be inspired by their relationship … right?

I highly doubt a television show would influence real people to have relationships.

Elizabeth Taylor and Senator John Warner seemed like a slightly odd pairing to me.

Amanda Righetti who was on The Mentalist and most recently Colony is married to TV director Jordan Alan for over 10 years and have a kid. She’s (IMHO) one of the most beautiful women in the world and he’s a chubby schlub.

John Oliver is married to a former Army combat medic.

Sense of humor presumably :).

Sarah Paulson seems to really like older women - she apparently had a long relationships with Cherry Jones who is 18 years older than her and Holland Taylor who has 31 years on her.

Hard to imagine it after watching Westworld but Evan Rachel Wood was romantically involved with Marilyn Manson.

And Jennifer Aniston. And:

-Monica Potter
-Mary Louise Parker
-Samantha Mathis

And rumored flings with Christina Applegate and Winona Ryder

I always thought Madonna and Sean Penn were quite an odd couple, to say the least.