Surprising Celebrity Couples That seem Far Fetched

Paul Simon also married Edie Brickell

Anyone remember Cher and Gregg Allman getting married in the '70s?

True, though I think that Elizabeth Taylor and her final husband, construction worker Larry Fortensky, was even odder. They met while both of them were patients at the Betty Ford Center.

Rebecca De Mornay and Leonard Cohen were a couple for a few years in the early 1990s. There’s a 25 year age difference between them.

Tom Cruise and Mimi Rogers. She was his first wife. He was 24, and she was 31 when the married. Last two years.

Actress Katherine LaNasa was married to French Stewart for around 11 years.

I know, right? Dude seems to have something more than his wonderful hair.

Loach - yeah, John Oliver famously met his Army medic wife at the Republican National Convention while he was covering it for the Daily Show when her Vets group hid his TDS crew from RNC security. Pretty cool.

Yes, but for a weird reason - it was mentioned in a Doonesbury strip, with the punchline “Greg was great - he didn’t do any drugs the entire afternoon!” For some reason that always stuck with me. To this day, it’s all I know about him or the Allman brothers.

Actually, even as a kid Cher and Sonny Bono made an odd couple to me. This was long before Donkey Kong came out so where Cher got a fetish for short guys with big noses and moustaches, I couldn’t understand.

Currently? I’ve always had trouble with the Galecki/Cuoco pairing (which is rumored to be back on).

No, it’s not back on. She quickly jumped to a new guy soon after her divorce.

As to their previous “relationship” it is widely considered to be fake. Remember, he also supposedly “dated” Sara Gilbert who later came out of the closet, surprising no one.

Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow is a head-scratcher for me. He was 30 years older than her, and wanted her to give up acting. The marriage lasted about 2 years.

You can just come out and say that you think he’s gay instead of putting in the bullshit quotation marks. He’s not. He’s also dated women not in the spotlight too. He is a very private person. That doesn’t equal gay. In an interview he said that being gay is nothing to be ashamed of and if he was he would have no reason to hide it or lie about it. He was 100% believable.

Read What Falls Away, Mia’s book. Sinatra wanted her to act only in his movies, but she got the lead in Rosemary’s Baby, too good a role to pass up. She was a very naive child/woman when she met him, but later discovered her strengths.

The Mia/Woody one is a head scratcher. And what about Woody and Soon-Yi? A headful of lice there.

Sara Gilbert talking about coming out to Galecki while they were dating:

“Why defend yourself against something that isn’t offensive”

I interpreted your comment as the show inspiring the couple, not the other way around.

However, I doubt that happened either, since the show was pitched to TV execs before Ohanian and Williams started dating, AFAICT.

I assumed the quotation marks were around Gilbert being gay, although apparently she hadn’t come to terms with it herself when they first started dating.

So what? I personally know at least five women who dated men and later came out, as well as three men who came out after they had married and fathered children.

None of them used quotation marks to describe their heterosexual experiences.

Yeah you’re probably right. Shows and their plots are usually written to completion the day they are pitched and nothing ever gets added during production.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who just got a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor, is married to director Sam Taylor-Johnson. She’s 49. He’s 26. They’ve been married for four years now, but have been together for eight years.

The quotes were also around “relationship” with regards to Cuoco. The only people who insist that their multi-year relationship was fake are those who assume he is gay strictky because his mannerisms are less than macho. It he’s gay he is really bad at it.

While their marriage was brief they were together off and on for 12 years (before and after their marriage).

Ooh…Seal and Heidi Klum