Survivor 10/16

I think the correct Survivor strategy is to play the idol immediately. The idol is re-hidden, so you get another chance to find it, especially if the other team keeps sending you back to Exile Island. Once you’ve played it, you’ve demonstrated that you have no qualms about doing so and are not holding onto it for strategic purposes. This lets you hold it one or two tribal councils the next time.

By now, anyone who holds onto the immunity idol is setting themselves up for a blindside.

If you are planning to hide the idol, it isn’t a bad idea to put it in your bag. The only reason to hide the idol is to setup a strategic play on the very next tribal council where you play it immediately. Preferably when the others think they are going to blindside you.

If you want to hold the idol one extra time, you need to announce that you hold the idol and make it very clear that you intend to play it. Any other move turns the idol into a liability.

It might result in voting you off so the idol is gone and everybody is even again.

Yes, they would likely have been left with G.C., who is worthless and a detriment to the team. They already made the mistake of trying to play the long game rather than the short game last Tribal Council.

And, so far, the Hidden Immunity idol has not seemed to be much of a benefit in the last few Survivors.

Well, actually, there is a downside to voting for Sugar. If they all voted for Sugar, and she didn’t play the idol, then she’d be gone, and the tribe would be stuck with GC for, presumably, another three days (since they’ll probably be at next week’s tribal council).

I think Fang knew that she wasn’t going to play the idol, which is why they didn’t vote for her. They didn’t want to risk losing her over GC. So it seems they actually made one of the few intelligent moves this game.

Either way, Marcus was the aggressor in this “tender man moment” which surprised me. What gives w/that relationship? We all know Charlie is smitten w/Marcus, but lately it sure seems that Marcus has been leading Charlie on more. Is he only doing that to win the game? Or is Marcus discovering his true self? Curious to know if the straight guys that are watching the show could be that affectionate w/Charlie just to win? Oh and in Marcus’ defense, I have seen him hugging crazy eyes Dan. But have we ever seen Marcus really hug a gal yet?

That was totally a love bite Marcus gave Charlie. But Marcus was rustling Dan’s hair too. That Marcus is just a big ol’ adorable man-tease.

So far I’ve been pleased with every elimination. I don’t think I’ve ever made it this far in the show being happy every week.

I was astounded that the Fang bunch didn’t do the most obvious strategy—they wanted GC gone but they wanted the Immunity Idol exposed. All they had to do was tell Kelly to “leak” it to Sugar or Ace that Sugar was the target. Then, you vote for GC. Sugar will play the idol needlessly and GC will get voted out.

True, but I think GC was being a real downer around camp, and they can easily force the idol from Sugar next week, since they’ll probably lose again. They as much as admitted everyone knows she has the idol, so for her not to use it must mean GC was being worse than they showed us.

I am already on record as saying that Marcus struck me as gay, which made his love-nibble seem prefectly in character to me.

I dunno if he’s gay. Just self-assured, and comfortable around gay men.

We hate them. :smiley:

Here’s the downside of voting Sugar: If she doesn’t play the idol and gets voted off, then GC probably just quits the next day, losing two people instead of one.