Survivor 11/12

BMada, I don’t get the Shambo hate. Well, I do, just not the intensity. I’d bet Shambo voted for Russell so she could keep some veneer of Galu loyalty after the vote and not be targeted. Wait, let’s try that again… I think one of the Foas told her to do that for those reasons.

So, okay, Shambo’s pretty stupid. But I don’t hate her. There are a lot of stupid people in the world, and its too tiresome to hate all of them. Or really any of them.

It was a good play for Shambo to vote Russell: it didn’t matter how many votes were cast against him, and four votes were plenty to oust Kelly.

Best of all, Shambo voted with her tribe, which they will know because there were seven votes cast against Russell. Hopefully (faint, I admit) this will keep her accepted by the ex-Galus, and increase the odds that she will be able to pick up info that will be useful to the FoaFoas. For example, if they had decided to switch their votes to Jaison this time, she could have told Russell this, and then maybe he would have passed the HI to Jaison so their plan would still work.

All very iffy, but they lost nothing by having Shambo vote for Russell.

thing is I would agree it was a good play, IF i didn’t know Russell was a crazed vendetta maniac. But knowing Russell he counted the number of votes on him and counted what was left. He’s gonna be mighty pissed that his “go-to-girl” voted against him. That is to believe we missed out on some sort of instruction from Russell to keep closer to Galu and his wrath won’t be imminent upon Shambo. I’d like to believe the Foas are gonna take out Galu from the massive underdog status, but I think Shambo will be the vital vote and the outcome of the game will rest upon her decision. She’s gonna side with Galu and my favorite player this season, Russell, isn’t gonna last long.

I highly, highly doubt that. You’re letting your (irrational) hate towards Shambo get in the way of what was quite a smart move on her part (and so likely told to her by Russell.) By voting with Galu she keeps her alliance with Russell hidden. There was absolutely no reason for her to vote Kelly, doing so would only have outed her and moved her up as the next to go.

I haven’t yet read any comments, but I just wanted to say this:

That was a fucking awesome episode.

And I haven’t been able to say that about Survivor in years.

Go Russel!

I’m surprised no one has found the hidden immunity idol without clues before this in all of the seasons. All they have is time, so it’s only up to each invidual’s perseverence how much of it they’d be willing to use for searching. The idol is always near some land mark, so you could easily search all of them if you are willing to spend time on it.

It seems like the vote might tie in the next episode if Shambo goes with Russell. Does anyone know what the rules for tied votes at this point in the game are?

They’ve been using firebuilding tiebreakers the last five or six seasons. That’s not to say they can’t go right back to purple rock with no warning if they feel like it, though.

They’ve done a much better job of hiding it in previous seasons. Sometimes it was on exile island, sometimes it was buried deep in a spot you had to pace to, sometimes it was buried deep right in the middle of camp, once you had to pry a piece of wood off your tribal statue and look at the back of it. It’s only recently that the HII has been in an easily accessible and somewhat identifiable spot, wrapped in a nice burlap bag so you can be sure you found it. If it had been buried 3 ft under ground, like Yau Man’s was, Russell would never have found it.

No, Jeff has been very clear about how much they hated the way the Purple Rock of Doom debacle played out, and they will never revisit that failure again.

I loved “Hey, y’all, I killed something!”

That’s good to know. They SHOULD hate it…it got rid of the one of the more well-liked players (one who was in NO DANGER before the Demon of Randomness took a hand) the single season it was used.

Well, it does become clear why Jeff was raving about what a great player Russell was when the season started.

From his EW blog this morning:

Exacatically!

So why didn’t they actually show Natalie killing the rat? It’s OK to show them gutting, cooking & eating it, but the actual stick->rat contact is forbidden? Anyone else suspect this was a plant by the producers?

You can only show people getting killed on TV, not animals. Otherwise the viewers write letters. :rolleyes:

Too funny. I really loved how proud she was of doing it.

Well, it was real, not someone pretending to kill something, and she bashed it with a huge log. I wouldn’t have wanted to see it’s guts fly out or anything.

I can’t believe how much I enjoyed this episode. I was rooting for Russell even tho I despise him. Turns out I despise Laura more.

It did not surprise me one bit that IAmSham can’t put pegs in holes but what was up with the other guy?

Who are all those other people who are hanging around? It’s surprising that there could be so many completely forgettable players in one season.

My name is BO, SHAM-BO

Sung to the tune of Secret Agent Man:

*There’s Sham who leads a life on Samoa
She just wants to last until tom-o-a
With every move she makes
another chance she takes
Odds are Russ will take her out tomorrow

Secret Agent Sham, Secret Agent Sham
Russ will vote you out, and he won’t give a damn

Beware of ugly trolls that you find
A fat belly will hide an evil mind
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you’ll give yourself away
Odds are Russ will take you out tomorrow

Russ will vote you out, and he won’t give a damn

Cacklin’ with the chickens one day
You want to vote Laura the next day
Oh no, you got in bed with Russ
Who’ll throw you under the Bus
Odds are Russ will take her out tomorrow

Russ will vote you out, and he won’t give a damn*

Well Kelly certainly was the acme of forgettableness. I think she spoke five on-camera sentences this season. It seems like the producers try to develop the characters a bit so that when they get voted off it creates some drama, but I guess they had little to work with in her case.

what about Brett the dude from Galu? We really don’t know too much about him, i guess he’s next week’s vote-out.

I just don’t like DAVE BALL! at all. He reminds me of some kind of (Star Trek) mirror universe folk singer, like I expect him to break into a chorus of “Where Have All The Flowers Gone?” while he pulls out a knife to stab you in the kidneys…