Survivor 12/10

I thought his eye movements and expressions really looked like Chloe from 24.

The second immunity challenge seemed unfair on the women, particularly the skinny two - not only was it physical wading through the water, but they didn’t have enough body weight to propel the bag high enough.

When Russell refers to woman as bitches I just want to ring his short little neck. I’ve read that he’s married and has children. After listening to his constant sexism I hope his wife leaves him, his poor mother smacks him hard and that none of his children are girls.

I don’t know. Monica deserved to be called a bitch. That doesn’t make me sexist. And Russ did acknowledge that she was a smart player.

BTW, who brings lace panties to Survivor other than Natalie?

Natalie got to shower and shampoo in last weeks reward auction. She cleaned up very nicely. Not that there was much wrong with her dirty.

I like her dirty.

Isn’t Russell a lock for the finale? Didn’t they say it was day 33 during last night’s final tribal council. Next Thursday would be day 36 (the last day the idol can be played) and Sunday is the finale. If I were Russell, I would play the idol next Thursday - why not?

But Russell’s not referring to “women” (that is what you meant to type, right?), but instead specific women, which is entirely true. I don’t see what’s sexist about calling someone what they are.

From Dalton Ross’s EW blog:

Shambo? Quite possibly the most clueless player in the history of the game? A fan favorite? WTF?

I thought that, too, as I was watching. Not so much the swimming, but the weight thing.

How many contestants are left? If it’s just 5, then Russel will absolutely play the II at the next tribal council. Unless, of course, he wins immunity, in which case the question is-- will he give immunity to someone else?

There are six left, and one regular episode plus the final. Do any of the regulars here no how that plays out, i.e. how many are usually eliminated in each show? I do prefer a final two to a final three, but I don’t know if there is time to eliminate 4 players. Of course, they can always do something different from previously, such as in this week’s show with two elimination challenges.

Used to be that the final show always had only 4 players, but that is no longer the case. The on-screen guide on Comcast for this Thursday says “another” contestant is voted off. Last week, the guide indicated 2 would be voted off.

My wife complained about the challenge too, but I don’t think the lighter folks were necessarily at a disadvantage. They were free to move the board however they wanted, so if they put the jumping points close to the fulcrum, leverage should make it a non-issue, no?

Russell was definitely complimenting Monica, basically saying they could’ve been a great team if together from the start.

I like Shambo in the sense that she’s entertaining. I would cry if she won, but I don’t want to lose her endearing cluelessness too soon.

Go Russell!
Prediction: Mick and Jaison make their move next week, Russ uses the idol to take one of them out, then he’s got numbers as long as he keeps Natalie and Shambo, and he’ll keep them to the end. Then Russell wins the jury vote on the “mastermind” ticket. (Natalie can try for the “I was in on everything from the beginning” move, But then she’s just playing Becky to Russell’s Yul, or Hot-Amanda to Russell’s Todd and/or Parvati)

Shouldn’t he worry about Brett? As in, seems a likeable guy, and the jury is crammed full of Galus. Even though he voted for many of them, I still think there might be enough tribal loyalty to make it risky.

Wow. Just wow. You’ve never worked with a Shamwow, have you? She’s about as endearing as an incontinent rabid water buffalo standing on your chest and drooling.
Gah.

I still want to know how the chicken she boiled for 2 hours came out. Boiling instead of grilling I get - you can drink the broth afterwards to get every bit of nutrition out of the bird. But why 2 hours? Section that fowl and you’re done in 30 minutes.

Absolutely, but Russell already knows that. Once it’s down to 5, with Russell holding a power position in a 3-person alliance, Brett’s out if he doesn’t win immunity twice in a row. (immunity throws a wrench into any endgame prediction, but that’s the way I see it, and that’s how I’m calling it… :slight_smile: I didn’t get to 6th place in the SDMB survivor pool by random guessing… no wait, I guess I did. :wink: )

Nope, I haven’t. And she’s only endearing in a very specific, watching her from thousands of miles away sort of fashion.

Russell knows he’s burned bridges, so he wants someone there at the end who will make him look more deserving in comparison to the other person. I think he mentioned Shambo? Everybody else seems more likable when compared to Russell. But if it came down to voting between Russell and Shambo, is Shambo so unlikable that the jury would rather vote for the evil, lying, backstabbing, millionaire?

Personally I’d vote for Shambo. Her naivety and awkwardness don’t bother me in least. And it doesn’t surprise me that some of the audience is rooting for her either. And wouldn’t it make for an interesting season if Shambo won? I know I’d have a big laugh just thinking of all those who’d feel shocked and distressed about it.

Boiling it for 2 hours intensifies the flavor. I boil chickens a lot for various things and ideally you want to have the water cook down to about half. Otherwise it’s just chickeny water. She was making chicken stock.

This is true, but it didn’t seem to occur to Shambo that she could have EXPLAINED that. Instead of going all “how dare he question my cooking skills, Dave MUST DIE!”

I don’t want her to win.

To be fair, we don’t know that she didn’t. In fact, I’d bet that she did. They cut so much out of these shows that it’s impossible to know what we’re missing.

And I’ll bet the chicken turned out just fine–had it not, they would have shown the fallout. But because it did, it didn’t make for good TV.