Survivor 9/23: Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs

Actually, the men rubbed quite much. At one point, even Jeff noted that there seemed to be a rather long embrace going on.

The men were sunk from the conception of the challenge: they’re too top-heavy. That’s why men don’t do the balance beam in gymnastics. Women generally have a lower center of gravity. A man with excellent balance has had to work harder than a woman with equivalent skill. Generally, of course.

Yeah, I was thinking this basic fact of anatomy gave an advantage to the women.

Fire. Once again, the men try it once and then give up. (Okay, it could just be editing; but that’s the way it looked.) :rolleyes:

What about that bit in the beginning where the two guys were talking alone? Was it Bubba? Haven’t got the names down yet. Anyway, Bubba says, “We’re thinking of voting you off because you’re a threat.” “Reeeee-reeeee-rooooo!” I said in my un-PC retardo voice. Brilliant idea, that; voting off a strong player before the merge! Aiyiyi. :rolleyes:

I liked the way Sarge came down on Rory during the challenge. He’d told the guys to keep quiet so he could do his job, and Rory kept barking or something. Sarge has a lot of experience effectively telling inexperienced people what to do, and he has the voice to do it. Good to see him using the skill appropriately.

And about that challenge… Sarge yells “Left! Left! LEFT!!!” but Bubba (I think) at first goes straight, and then turns right. I know there’s a lot of excitement, but doesn’t the guy know his left from his right?

Rory is toast. He complained on the way into camp on the first episode. He became vocally petulant after the RC, which pissed the Sarge off. Then he “disobeyed an order” and kept making noise in the IC when Sarge told him to stop. (Is the guy dense? Ego too big?) He’s not making any friends.

I gotta say that Eliza is the cutest! I’m glad she wasn’t booted. That face is incredible. And those big brown eyes could melt the ice caps.

The immunity challenge was the most unfair that Survivor has even done. The men had no chance of winning. They could re-do the challenge a hundred times and they wouldn’t win. Next week’s challenge should be an arm wrestling tournament, that would be about as fair to the women as this was to the men.

Hmm… Peachy giving the kids some kinda smackdown :slight_smile:

Dolly said in the Early Show this morning that the eggs were indeed fertilized and the embryos had developed sufficiently that little chicks had formed. Two women (Twyla and Scout?) ate them anyway.

Yeah, the two women who have shown that they actually know the show is called “Survivor”, not “Luxury Island Resort”.

As a long time survivor fan i am dissapointed in my shallowness, Dolly certainly deserved to get the boot with her constant and open “swing vote” talk, so why was i so sad to see the cutie go? And why did i take comfort in the fact that “We still have Eliza”…Am i really just a typical male?

I’ve been feeling a little iffy towards everybody thus far, but the first few weeks of the show are never that interesting to me, until the competition heats up a little. I have to say, though that the look on Mia’s (I think it was Mia) face each time a vote for Dolly came up was one of my top ten favorite Survivor moments.

There’s gonna be backlash on this one. Screaming, scratching, clawing, catfight backlash. And I’m so excited to see it.

Mia’s the one that has that weird alien feline look, sort of like Penny in Survivor: Thailand, right?

:dubious:
Have you taken a close look at these ladies this season? If this were live-action Macho Women with Guns, most of them would be at serious penalties firing downhill.

I’m guessing that it’s not planned; either both teams failed to accomplish the challenge (like in All-stars, when most of the players failed to get fires lit when they had MATCHES), or they both got disqualified (like Scout almost did last night by telling the girls to take off their blindfolds before all the pieces were in), or a combo.

I think you meant the reward challenge, not the immunity challenge. But yeah, now that they’ve done the balance beam, they should do the rings.

Ditto on the men’s strategy - it is way too early to be talking about who’s a threat. You need strong people, to beat the other team. Duh.

The women don’t seem to be thinking much more clearly. Scout appears to be dead weight.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Dolly safely in a block of 5 at one point? Until she started running her mouth?

So much for the power of Pinky-Swear.

It should’ve been Eliza, because she has no fat whatsoever to get her through the lean times. Silicone doesn’t count. (how many of these 9 have had boob jobs, anyway? 5? 6?)

Revel in it, brother!

Eew. She looks like a small canine to me. I keep expecting her to reveal in a confessional that she queiros some Taco Bell.

Actually, I’m betting that it is a planned dual-elimination. This season started with 18 players, as opposed to every other season (with the exception of All-Stars) starting with 16…yet in the opening montage, Jeff Probst still said that the length of play time would be the standard 39 days. In order to acheive getting down to the right number of people in 39 days, they have to find ways to eliminate 2 additional people in that period, so my guess is that next week’s boot of 1 person from each tribe is part of the plan.

I keep thinking she has either sprung to life off of a velvet canvas drawn on by a Mexican painter or she has stepped out of some grandma’s Hummel figurine shelf.

Enough so that even my husband, who is normally a fan of the implant, said to me, “Damn, they don’t have ‘real’ women except the old ones, do they?”

LOL. Mia’s look WAS great. She would have fit in great with the loser young kids from Survivor Africa!

I was so glad Leann didn’t get voted off. Talk about a STUNNING woman. She and Ami both have such elegant good looks. Kind of a classic beauty (especially when Ami puts the biblical turben wrap).

But looking over the list of players, who the hell is Lisa ?

I can’t say I know one thing about her. Has she been even on camera in the background shots? :confused:

People who look like they could win:
Ami- Very serene, but she seems good at playing the game.
Brady- Somewhat absent from this episode but has the everyone’s buddy thing.
Sarge- A drill sargent who only acts like one when it benefits the team.

People who have no chance:
Eliza- What member of that alliance does not fit in?
Mia- Editing indicates she was the leader.
Julie- She’ll go right after Mia.
John K.- He seems to be part of the “young survivors” that Sarge wants gone.
Travis- Never be too honest. It didn’t help Lex.
John P.- Seemed kind of nutty in his conforntation with Travis.
Rory- Not doing too well for yourself, Rory.
Twila- Too rough to get the prize. A good strength player, no savvy.
Chris- Should have gone the first week.

Wild Cards:

Chad- I think the leg issue will work against him (they focused on him on the beam), but he has other positives.
Lisa- I don’t know who she is.
Scout- The votes go the right way, she can coast to the finals. If she doesn’t lose early, she will last a long time.
Leann- I don’t think there was any real reason she got votes, but I’ll need more info.

Once again, I like my strategy of not watching the first episode. Too much intro bullshit, lots of bad first impressions that CBS tries to push, etc. Now, my preferences in order of importance:

Appearances
Gotta say that with Dolly gone, Ami takes over as island hottie. Yes, yes, Eliza is extremely cute. But Ami wins. Julie is a very close 3rd - fantastic pictures of her on the website. Leann - doesn’t have kids, but is a MILF in every other sense of the word. Things go downhill from there.

Competition
Once again, the men are going to suck it, because they insist on playing alpha-dog in camp. They won last night because Sarge is a fantastic leader - which means he’ll be the next one off the island. Stupid, stupid men. Anyone going on Survivor in the near future and have a penis? Play the weakling who’ll vote for anyone and occassionally screws up a physical challenge, then go into the merge and recruit the older women. I guarantee you a final four finish. Unless you can win immunity the last 2 weeks of the show, you’re getting voted off if you’re a strong male.

Staying Power
It’s too early to make any valid assessment of tribal politics. Last night’s coup was brilliant, but once again, Burnett fails to show us the most interesting aspect of the game - behind the scenes of backstabbing.

I agree next week’s reward challenge should involve lots of push-ups and chest hair counting.

What was amusing was last season’s drama over one of the contestant’s allegedly rubbing his genitals against another player, and her being all victimized and humiliated, etc. Then this season they have a challenge specifically designed to make everyone rub their genitals on each other. Or it’s ok when it’s same sex genital rubbing? I guess not though, since Jeff had to point out two of the guys were hugging too long. Jerk.

I wasn’t thrilled with the exit speech. If she wasn’t cut out for the show, why go on it?