Survivor: Cook Islands Ep. 14 - "Arranging A Hit"

Hmm. It probably won’t be too bad that they voted of Jonathan instead of Adam, but I still think it was a stupid move. The chances of Adam winning 2 ICs in a row are slim, but not zero. I always worry when a team starts getting too smug.

Christ, now we know where Adam got that dumb-ass grin from-- chip off the ol’ block, for sure. Ozzy was just unbelievable in that challenge. He flew over the barrels like they weren’t even there. Still, Yul wasn’t too far behind.

And as amazing as Ozzy was, he didn’t even look like he was trying all that hard. He practically sauntered up the beach.

Well, his pants were about to fall down…

Anyone else catch Jonathan on the Early Show today? He cleans up really nice.

I almost never watch it myself, but figured I’d make an exception for Jonathan. Plus I missed his final words after TC.

Oh, yeah – I forgot to mention this: Ozzy performed those amazing feats of awesomeness last night, all the while trying to keep his pants on! (Unfortunately.) Heavens to Mergatroid.

I’ll miss Jonathan, one of the most interesting players on Survivor ever.

As for hiding the food- if there are a couple of people that refuse to help gather the food, why let them eat it? It seems like the lazy-ass strategy is let the others burn calories gathering the food so that the lazy-asses can iesaving energy for competitions. :mad:

I watched part of it. He pointed out the careful editing of the auction: Adam won a full breakfast, Yol won some food as well; with the pizza, they also gave Johnathan a large soda, so he had a lot of food and a lot of fizzy drinks, so of course he burped. He pointed out again that he really wanted to share the food, but they wouldn’t let him.

He also said that he honestly feel that Adam and Parvati have just played the game at that point better than he did, evidenced by the fact that he was on the Early Show and they weren’t…

The original Raros were the caucasians. (Adam, Parvati, Candice, Jonathan and Flicka.) Nate, Brad and Jenny joined the new Raro when Candice and Jonathan were “lost” in the early reshuffling. Then Candice & Jonathan returned via mutiny to reunite four of the five original Raro. Adam has been unwaveringly tight with the original Raro then the new Raro in that priority order. His only flip has been Jonathan, and that was only after Jonathan flipped on Raro. Flicka is a possible exception to that; was she voted out when Raro was still an all-caucasian tribe, or after the reshuffling?

rockle, your points are excellent.

She was voted out of Aitu – she was the last “involuntary” casualty before the mutiny.

Almost entirely off-topic. Remember how when rockle started this thread she hummed a few bars of a song? Well, I didn’t recognize the song. No big, there are lots of songs I don’t recognize. Well, this morning, I went for a drive. The local all Christmas music station (which will be soft rock in about 3 weeks) played THAT SONG. It has haunted me off and on for the rest of the day.

So thanks a lot, rockle.

Okay, it gets a little confusing when the tribe memberships moves around this much. So let’s call Adam, Candice, Jessica, Jonathan, and Parvati the Raros Mark I and Adam, Brad, Jenny, Nate, Parvati, and Rebecca the Raros Mark II. But the point is that Adam and Parvati were part of the Raro Mark II tribe and told the other members of that tribe that they were going to vote with them against Jonathan and Candice. And then they didn’t. Three times in a row. No matter how you spin it, that’s back-stabbing. Admittedly it wasn’t Adam (or Jonathan) that led either treachery; Nate convinced people to turn on Brad and Jenny convince them to turn on Rebecca - and both of them were quickly rewarded for their efforts to break up team loyalty.

Sorry. :o Do you know what that song is even called? I figure if I’m going to get it stuck in my head, I might as well get it stuck on my iPod, too, but I can’t find it because I don’t know the name of it. Just the part I was singing earlier, which I think I only remember because of that silly sock business.

Yul is an idiot! So Adam & Parvati bring back some food (no effort needed. pack me a doggy bag) and carry like 1 load of wood and suddenly they’re OK. How much will anyone bet me that next week they go back to their old ways of making out all day while everyone else works. I hate Adam soooooooo much but I hope he pulls a Terry and wins the rest of the immunity challenges just so Yul can say, “We should have voted him off instead of Jonathan!”

So now Pavarti and Adam need to defeat the Yul’s immunity idol. Figuring that one of them is gone anyways, They should turn one of the Aitu making it 3-3. The three Raro now vote for Yul (three votes) forcing at least a tie. Even better would be if the turned Aitu member can get the Yul, Sundra, and Becky to somehow split their vote. Either way, Yul will need to play the idol and someone from Aitu will go home. Now the numbers are 3-2. A swing of one more vote and Yul is gone. His closing remarks? “We should have kept Jonathan.”

Well, I don’t hate Adam. I don’t like him in te context of the show, but I have no feelings about him as a person.

But.

He has a little accent, and his mouth hangs open when he smiles. Whenever I see him I think ‘Slack-Jawed Yokel’. He doesn’t quite fit the stereotype, but he does have a bit of a dopey grin.

It’s called “The Holiday Season”.