Suspension of 7 days for Sam Stone, again hijacking threads

@Sam_Stone is being suspended for a pattern of frequently hijacking discussions.

He has accrued 6 formal warnings in the last 3 years for hijacking, plus more than 20 mod notes. In order to retain his posting privileges when he returns, Sam will have to be alert to the topic and forum he is posting in. We’ve been very patient with @Sam_Stone, but that patience is running very thin now. When he returns, he has to be diligent to avoid hijacks. Especially in FQ, GD, P&E, ATMB, breaking-news and to a lesser degree IMHO.

Warnings for Hijacking or continuing a hijack:

This post was in the Ukraine invasion Breaking News Thread.
https://boards.straightdope.com/t/russia-invades-ukraine-2022-02-24-part-2/973972/7076

This one was mostly about ignoring moderator instructions, but the modnote was for hijacking.

In the Russia invades the Ukraine thread, I had to split off a 30 post hijack already that Sam started. So I can add another ignore moderators instruction in the thread to his last warning.

It appears that in the last 4 years Sam has had at least 20 modnotes. We don’t really track modnotes very well, but I can review flags that were approved. Keep in mind, some modnotes also accrue without flags. Also keep in mind some approved flags are for fixing things rather than modnotes. But in Sam’s case I believe 20 is a low estimate.