Table saws again

Following on from this thread, I got tired of looking for parts to keep an old Ryobi and an old Craftsmen tablesaw going. I think I’m going for the Grizzly Hybrid. It’s small enough for my limited space requirements, seems to be good value for the price, and apparently the Delta Hybrid along with most of their other saws are unavailable. There’s a similar model from Jet, but it doesn’t seem to have the same value for the dollar (although I haven’t called around looking for discounts yet).

I considered buying a used Delta Unisaw, but it doesn’t have the option of using 120V (I have 220, but that will be inconvenient if I have to move this around some day), it’s huge, and I don’t want to have to start tracking down parts again.

I think I can get granite tables for the Grizzly, but cast iron will be fine.

No real questions, but if anybody has that Grizzly I’d love to hear about it. And there’s nothing wrong with just talking power tools if you want to.

I don’t have it, but I’ve never heard anything bad about Grizzly saws.

10 years ago I made a joke about wanting a table saw, and my brother went out and got me one…it’s been sitting in my garage since then. If you were actually in Rhode Island, I’d just give you the darned thing…

What kind of table saw do you have? And why wouldn’t I actually be in Rhode Island?

ETA: Ah wait. You’re not who I thought. Did you mean if I weren’t in Rhode Island?

It’s an Ohio Forge 10" ProSeries. No idea if that’s good or bad.

When I saw the 220, my mind jumped to a European conclusion…incorrectly it seems.

Yeah, I really am in Rhode Island. I just already have a 220 outlet in the basement. Those were decent saws, around the quality of the Craftsman I’m getting rid of. You could get a few bucks selling that, someone might buy it for the parts.

Okey dokey. I’ll toss it onto eBay at some point and see what happens.

That’s sort of like what’s pushing me in that direction. It’s not that I’ve heard a lot of bad things about the other brands, but I hear lots of good things about Grizzly. And lots of people have said Grizzly has the best value. There’s no perfect saw for what I need right now, so I might as well feel like I spent my money wisely.

Wish I knew this a month ago when I was in RI for two days. A side trip couldn’t have added more than about 15 minutes. :smiley:

Tripolar, I bought a Grizzly left tilt table saw just before I left the States, and had it shipped across to the UK with the rest of my gear.

It has served me well these last ten years…and you know what impressed me the most ? The fact that the miter slots were dead on parallel to the saw blade, right from the gitgo. I mean …totally parallel … to within .0005" .

The Shopsmith fence that came with it is adequate…I do hanker after an Incra fence …but ridiculously expensive to buy in the UK.

I would recommend Grizzly machines to anybody …they don’t have the bells and whistles of the more expensive models, but they get the job done.

It’s a bit like with routers …is there really any reason to buy a Festool when a Porter Cable will do the same job just as well for a fraction of the cost ?