Tabloid newspaper fails to report underage gay sex scandal. It's a good thing.

Happy meal: British teens LOVE being nearly kicked out McDonald’s for being too fancy

Two teens have a romantic evening together in Mickey Ds. They dress up, they bring tablecloths and silverware and it’s bit of harmless fun. In fact it’s a perfect slow news day story.

The two teens are both 15.

And they’re both boys.

And it’s such a non issue that it isn’t even mentioned.

I guess there’s at least one reporter out there who’s actually an mature adult :smiley:

Nothing in the article says that they were gay or that the purpose of what they did was romance. In fact, it says there were three boys, not two. I think you are reading something into the story that isn’t there.

It is a little confusing that the article and captions mention three boys, but only two are shown in the photos. And I’m slightly amused that wearing a dress shirt and tie is being “fancy” or dressed up.

From a different article about the same two kids

I’m pretty sure they’re a couple

Later that article says, “Mr [Adam] Welland later clarified that they are not in a relationship and the meal was just for their amusement.” So apparently they’re not on the same page about the relationship.

I assume the third kid took the photos.

You’re right. On the other hand, a school trip back in my home town got some notoriety and one parent raising the roof about it because a few of the boys voluntarily dressed in drag for a costume party. It depends on where you are, but the hint of homosexuality will get some people in a tizzy, that sort of person will see signs of it everywhere they look.

Or Ford was making a joke.

It doesn’t look like they’re a couple, from reading the articles.

It’s probably a good sign when two teenage boys can act in a way that might lead them to be mistaken for a couple without any sort of shame or homophobia on their part. I can’t imagine that having happened 20 years ago.

I have one of those old wide carriage ascii pictures of myself and a female friend from the CNN tower in Toronto - it is inscribed something along the order of ‘My Darling Wife’ - based on a joke we made because we wandered around Toronto and got caught up in a wedding party at what seemed to be a town hall of sorts. Just the silly crap that teens will do.

(CN Tower)

<shrug> it has been something like 35 years, I am lucky I even remember it was in Toronto…:stuck_out_tongue:

Though the tower view was spiffy. I love towers or skyscraper observation decks with lovely views.

Looks to me like school uniform. Matching grey trousers is a big giveaway.

And I’m not seeing the gay either, just boys messing around.

Well, you know how it is, a couple of kids think it would be funny to go along and dine like a sir at their local McD’s, and we have to trumpet this as a great triumph for gay acceptance, just because.

I saw that picture a while ago and didn’t think the kids were gay at all. Just two guy friends doing stupid shit. What? Are you going to get a girl to go along with your stupid ass ideas?

Agreed.
[ul]
[li]Solid color ties.[/li][li]Shirts not tucked in.[/li][li]Red wine with McDonalds meal?[/li][li]Cutlery they brought was plastic.[/li][li]Tablecloth was crooked.[/li][/ul]

Obviously, those are straight boys!