I would not consider Delaware or Maryland to be part of the northeast U.S.
Certainly, when I lived in St. Mary’s County, Maryland, most everybody there considered themselves southern.
I would not consider Delaware or Maryland to be part of the northeast U.S.
Certainly, when I lived in St. Mary’s County, Maryland, most everybody there considered themselves southern.
[QUOTE=uglybeech]
Oh fuck. I liked the internet better when only geeks used it. New England is IN the Northeast. The Northeast and New England are not identical sets.
[/QUOTE]
Then what the fuck do you actually think you are saying? Maryland is neither northeast or New England.
[QUOTE=Frank]
I would not consider Delaware or Maryland to be part of the northeast U.S.
Certainly, when I lived in St. Mary’s County, Maryland, most everybody there considered themselves southern.
[/QUOTE]
Did you ever see a St. Mary’s county milk snake? I want one so bad.
[QUOTE=uglybeech]
I liked the internet better when only geeks used it.
[/QUOTE]
[taps uglybeech on shoulder] Ermm . . . excuse me . . . this should be painfully obvious, but . . . . well, what makes you think those days are in the past?
[QUOTE=uglybeech]
New England isn’t the Northeast. Fuck off.
[/QUOTE]
So Maryland got moved to the Northeast from the mid-Atlantic. How quaint.
New York isn’t in New England either. New England is MA, CT, NH, VT, ME. The Mid-Atlantic states are NY, PA, DE, MD and NJ.
[QUOTE=Marley23]
New York isn’t in New England either. New England is MA, CT, NH, VT, ME. The Mid-Atlantic states are NY, PA, DE, MD and NJ.
[/QUOTE]
I always counted VA as mid-Atlantic, and never PA. Odd.
[QUOTE=Marley23]
New York isn’t in New England either. New England is MA, CT, NH, VT, ME. The Mid-Atlantic states are NY, PA, DE, MD and NJ.
[/QUOTE]
You left out the little guy.
Because the charity work is often a minuscule fraction of expenditures. Tons and tons of people give money to mega-churches which then build multi-million dollar mammons. This is obviously being counted as “charity” and “secular liberals” apparently don’t donate to such things. Shocker!
[QUOTE=uglybeech]
To review.
*Carol’s interpretation: * the majority of the population in Massachusetts are super-rich Republicans.
For the record, I should have said blue states instead of NE to be safe (although that doesn’t change my argument one bit). But the Northeast is composed of NY, CT, NJ, MA, PA, MD, DE, VT, NH, RI. I’d feel reasonably comfortable guessing they have the bulk nationwide.
[/QUOTE]
You’re wrong. How do you figure that the “bulk” of super-rich Republicans live what you (incorrectly) call the Northeast?
[QUOTE=Marley23]
New York isn’t in New England either. New England is MA, CT, NH, VT, ME. […]
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Shagnasty]
You left out the little guy.
[/QUOTE]
Fred: Super Chicken, there’s nothing down there!
Super Chicken: I know, Providence is dull on a Saturday night!
From “One of Our States is Missing,” an evil scientist zaps Rhode Island with his ray gun. Super Chicken and Fred fly out to investigate.
[QUOTE=Frank]
What does that have to do with the effectiveness of the job he does representing Massachusetts in the Senate?
[/QUOTE]
Ok, name three things he’s done for the good people of Massachusetts. I’ll wait.
[QUOTE=Shagnasty]
You left out the little guy.
[/QUOTE]
Gary Coleman?
Oh, Rhode Island. Meh. They’ve been dead to me since Brown rejected my application.
Whether or not you choose include MD, DE and DC. - it’s irrelevant to the main point that Carol can’t distinguish Massachusetts from the Northeast. Nor can she understand basic math.
Carol is dumb as a rock. But half of you are unable to distinguish New England from the Northeast. Smarter than a rock, but only slightly.
[QUOTE=uglybeech]
[Whether or not you choose include MD, DE and DC. - it’s irrelevant to the main point that Carol can’t distinguish Massachusetts from the Northeast.
[/QUOTE]
And you can’t distinguish reality from wishful thinking. Unless you can back up your statement:
A. The Northeast has the bulk of the super-rich
B. Who are by and large Republicans
So, Cite?
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
A. The Northeast has the bulk of the super-rich
B. Who are by and large Republicans
[/QUOTE]
Why did we take that detour into Massachusetts?
A super-rich Republican is the Mayor of New York City. I’m guessing he’s not the only one in town. 
[QUOTE=Marley23]
Why did we take that detour into Massachusetts?
[/QUOTE]
Because the idea that Massachusetts is populated by super-rich Republicans is patently ridiculous.
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
Because the idea that Massachusetts is populated by super-rich Republicans is patently ridiculous.
[/QUOTE]
Okay, now why did you think that was what he said? He said that most super-rich Republicans live in the region, not that most people who live in the region are super-rich Republicans.
[QUOTE=Marley23]
Okay, now why did you think that was what he said? He said that most super-rich Republicans live in the region, not that most people who live in the region are super-rich Republicans.
[/QUOTE]
I know what he said. I just don’t believe it. And so far no one can provide a cite that it is or even would be true.
“Most super-rich Republicans live in the region” ?