Taking over house payments

I asked a mortgage investor if it is possible to take over payments on a house about to go into foreclosure. She said yes and called it a Section 2. Actually, I don’t think she said “section 2” but it was S-something 2 (I can’t remember exactly).
What is the straight dope on this?