Taking someone to task...

I am a believer in the Catholic Church and in God. I don’t believe that all the actions the church has made throughout history are correct. But on the whole I don’t feel that it is any worse than any other group of people. I do appreciate the fact that you defended the church and religion in general, but I must agree that you went slightly overboard. Onthe other hand this is the BBQ pit and with the statments Kalt was making he more than deserved what you were giving him. If he didn’t want responses like that he shouldn’t have posted in the Pit.

jayron 32, I generally agree with your opinions and pretty much agree here. But I must take YOU to task for your choice of words in your post on 7-26-99, 10:54PM. I am not offended by foul language. I AM offended by the use of sexual violence imagery to express disagreement. You can do better. Go soak your head.

Yeah, go rape a Hitler or something.

Thank you Jayron, defender of the faith, protector of downtrodden people everywhere. Personally I saw some humour in Kalt’s post, and even if the question was a little daft it certainly wasn’t offensive. However you jumped down his throat pretty quickly for somebody so unreligious and things got pretty ugly after that. We have enough zealots on the board who can defend the religion they believe in pretty articulately, as well as a whole mess of more quietly religious folks, why were you getting so het up about something that you aren’t interested in anyway? Sheesh.

It only hurts when I laugh.