Tales of Michigan MMP

Morning, all. I am here. I cannot warrant more this morning.

Rebo fared just fine, Pugs – just look upthread for her post this morning. :smiley:

And speaking of you, Rebo, I told Papa Tigs about your broken AC near-adventure and he agreed, aren’t hurricanes a great way to meet the neighbors? He then launched into typhoon stories from his stay on Guam, most notably after Typhoon Omar, which knocked the power out for two months. He had a friend who lived on the power line that fed the water treatment plant, which was the first thing they got back up and running, so his buddy would freeze water in empty milk jugs and each day Papa Tigs would stop by to collect two gallons of ice to keep his food cold. When his neighbors saw this, they got real friendly; he was soon collecting 30 gallons of ice every day! :smiley: (We don’t discuss FEMA’s lack of assistance in Guam after Omar, thank you very much; they left for Hawaii – Inoki – and then Florida – Andrew – before providing a cent of aid to anyone on Guam, so he was literally wiped out, lost everything, a lifetime’s worth of photos, etc. Thanks, FEMA!)

Ahem. Anyway, didn’t mean to bore you with typhoon stories. But I figure if I get to hear them regularly, you get to hear them at least once. Sharing the wealth, don’tcha know? :smiley:

Anyway, I received a truly delightful assignment via FedEx this morning – a panel on, oh goody, prison rape. What a charming thing to wake up to. :rolleyes: You know, there’s a reason why I prefer to do boring securities work and even more boring congressional [del]drivel[/del] hearings. :rolleyes:

Off to it, I guess. Oh, goody. :rolleyes:

VBob - do I need to send my pics to you, or just stick 'em somewhere and send you a link to them?

Yes, seconded on BooFae’s question.

I’m making french toast, have done some chores, and might, might start feeling alive sometime soon. Maybe.

Stick them in Photobucket or equivalent, and provide them as links in your post.

“… and this is The Hooterville General Store, otherwise known as a 7-11 with delusions of being a grocery…”

Oh, and I have a New Retarded Coworker! He’s very young, and very stupid, and has so far challenged Driving Husband to try to hurt him (DH shrugged, and put him in a very painful lock), asked whether he has to buy all his required books for class (first year university) and do all his readings, and asked, his coworkers which ethnic group they hate the most!
He sounds like a winner!

And he reads for hours hiding in the back!

I’m working with him tonight!

Mine will be boring. Just saying…
Why I am in here? I have nothing to say. Bye!

Hmmm… apparently bookstores give record stores and video rental places a run for their money when it comes to attracting errr… interesting… employees. Who knew? :slight_smile:

LiLi, think of this as a chance to put your mom voice to the test: “Young man, just what do you think you’re doing back there with your nose shoved in a book? You get your butt up in front where it belongs and start serving customers, or so help me god I’ll have Driving Husband show you EXACTLY what hurt is.”

I have been assigned a task that is supposed to take me all day, except I finished it in 15 minutes. Debating whether I alert my boss to this fact, or just make it look like I’m still working so that he doesn’t throw a random make-work task at me.

Which one did he hate the most?

At least these people show you their colors (pun intended) straight away.

If somebody asked me, “Which ethnic group do you hate the most?” I would answer, “Yours.”

Hee! Excellent answer.

“I’m not a racist. I hate everyone.”

I think it would work best if the questioner was of no discernable ethnic group.

“Yours.”

Now I would pick my own and say, " I hate all white people." and watch them puzzle that out.

Vundie-I am a tightwad, yes I am. I make nickels scream and dollar bills blench. I have Scots-Irish heritage and I’m not afraid to use it.
Option: go now to hospital and get blood work done and then turn around and go back at 1pm.
OR

stay hungry until then.

Off to hospital–I’m too hungry!

Howdy Everyone,

Today’s to do list:
Go to dentist and get teeth cleaned. Completed
Eat a bowl of cheerios. Completed
Cut Grass. Postponed due to conflicting item
See if my login still works on the SDMB. Completed
Say howdy to folks in the MMP. (checks beginning of post) Completed
Take wife to doctor. Pending
Get the entire soundtrack for RHPS stuck in my head. Completed (thanks LOUNE)

I’ve never been to Michigan. I’ve never been anywhere close to it. Heck, other than the year I spent living 15 miles inside the Alabama line, I’ve only been outside of Georgia a few times in my life. I guess I can proudly say that I’ve never been outside of the South Eastern United States.

Ok, time to get the wife into the car and carry her to her appointment. I can’t complain about taking her to the doctor. It gets me out of cutting grass today. :smiley:

-Belz

:eek::smack::smack: That’ll teach me to skim.

Yeah. If I’d been there I would have stared him down and said, “White people.” Not being white, it works. He’s very white- 6"5, blond, blue eyes.

Idiot.

I dunno. I don’t care that much, and he gets shouted at a lot by the full-timers, and… well, I was talking to one of my coworkers, and she said it made her mad when he was slacking, but at least if he wasn’t working she didn’t have to talk to him, and was sure he wasn’t screwing anything up by working on it. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I’m back from the hospital. They took me early, which was nice.

However, the phlebotomist took 10 phials of blood. 10.

Bone density scan was a yawn–comfy table, though.
I also drove out another route to run. It’s 1.6 miles or 2.5 if I loop one of the loops twice.
I now feel bad for Stupid Boy in Bookstore–he sounds very young and immature.

Michigan is the most state. Most golf courses, most under construction(although the depression might have ended that, most bowlers. most boat licenses , most softball players etc. The golf coast up north has a string of fabulous golf courses . The conditions are superb. We have lots of inland lakes and of course the Great Lakes. We have the changing seasons and the coloring of leaves. Sadly, one of our seasons is winter. If you ski or snowmobile ,it is fun. If not ,winter sucks.

rigs, I’m surprised you’re able to type so coherently after playing human pincushion like that. The most I’ve ever had taken was 5, and I felt positively light-headed afterwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

My dentist managed to hunt me down and forced me to make an appointment for my semi-annual cleaning. Of course, the only slot they had available that was sometime in the next two months and not in the middle of the day also happened to be this Saturday. Joy.

Great OP, it’s right up my alley.
I was born and raised in Michigan. I like it plenty. We moved literally fifteen minutes from the lakeshore. Being on the east side of the lake can be interesting at times, especially in the winter. And Yup, Warren Dunes is very cool. My aunt moved to the UP a few years ago, and some day I’m going to get up there and stay a week with her. There’s a lot to do here, and plenty to see. This area isn’t quite a fraught with some of the problems as the rest of the state, but you’ll have that just about everywhere.

So I made my first pie of the season today. It’s baking in the oven as I type. My sister’s first pie didn’t quite turn out, and I’m worried pie might be jinxed right now. And stupid bumpy counter, I borrowed my mom’s rolling sheet, and it just wanted to move all over the place.
Tomorrow I’ll be making pumpkin cupcakes for the oldest to take to school for her birthday. She wanted them, and she was worried about the other kids not liking them. I told her it doesn’t matter, it’s her birthday and it’s what she wanted.
Yesterday we braved the rain and water to take her to the mall to get her ears pierced. She was kinda worried, but it went off without any problems. Then we went to lunch, I told her to pick any place she wanted. She chose Ponderosa. :smack: I couldn’t talk her out of it, I was hoping she might want to try something new. But her birthday, her choice. I managed to eat enough, though the choices were pretty dismal, I kept on my happy face.
There was no school today, so I’m not getting much done. There’s two baskets of laundry calling my name. And now I’m smelling sweet apple pie. Yum!
Oh, and the Dr.'s office called, I have to go in for weekly monitoring because I was hypertensive with the Little Guy. Urgh. And I really wish they would check my past charts, I’ve had a very high white blood cell count for the last six years, well above normal I guess, but they freak about it and have to draw again every few weeks. I dunno, my old Dr. told me it was just how some people are. Meh.