Talk like a fucking pirate day.

And let’s not forget “Seaman Stains and Roger the cabin boy!”

And Master Bates!

Damn. I need 3 peglegs now.

Fuck yeah, Gadfly, I’m with you. I don’t care how many people did it, the fact that it exists and that anyone propagates the insipid cutesy trash is enough. Did you know that September is National “National Talk Like a Pirate Day” is the Stupidest Shit Ever Month? Remember – just because it is on a website doesn’t mean it is funny. The fact that it appears in every dweeb’s AIM profile is proof of that. Same goes for “These Weapons of Mass Destruction Could Not Be Found…” and “English guy doing bad American accent yelling about email hoaxes”.

That’s funny - I thought it was an American guy doing a bad English accent…! In the style of Gill Scott Heron. Bizarre.

I think he’s trying to get all Southern Televangelist on us, but the way he says “tracking program” and “stupid” give it away.

I humbly recommend to you Captain Barleymow’s “letter to the editor”: right-hand column, 3rd from bottom.
Anyone care to illuminate me on the subject of “English guy doing bad American accent yelling about email hoaxes”?

Yeah, Biggirl. Everyone. Even some teachers at my high school. Combined with teenage angst and a hurricane, it was NOT a good day.

Fucking cows. :frowning:

Well, sounds like some people went a bit overboard with the whole Pirate thing… I can see how it would get annoying after a bit.

At my office, I started seven or eight people on it at our morning meeting, and it continued off-and-on through the day, but not annoyingly so. We told a few pirate jokes (“Where’s me buccaneers?! On the sides o’ me buccan head!” was a big hit – it’s all in the presentation), and had a few choruses of “ARRRR!” but it was all pretty low-key.

It’s just a bit of fun, as they say… but it would be easy to take too far I think.

Now that’s a first-class sig.

Arrrrr, Talk Like A Pirate Day may be over but DON’T DESPAIR (arrrr), join me and celebrate TALK LIKE A FUCKING PIRATE FORTNIGHT!

HHHAARR!!

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! THAT will be quite enough of that. Don’t make me come over there.Go stand in the corner and think about what you’ve just done. You should be ashamed of yourself. Can’t we all learn to get along, is that too much to ask? 'Cause I’m the grownup, that’s why. Just wait 'til your father gets home. Enough is enough.

Arr, oooh, who be a good wench…arr…ARR…ARR SHIVER ME TIMBERS! AR! AR! AR! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Arr…

If you’re referring to this, actually it IS pretty funny.

But different strokes for different folks.

Things don’t always have to be laced with profanity, booger/fart/bathroom, black teen angst humor to have a place in plain old fun and breaking the ice amongst our fellow citizens.

Silliness isn’t going to kill a person. If you don’t like it, ignore it. I can see where every person in a 1500 population HS talking like a pirate could get old, but to cause THIS kind of ire? Sheesh, if it’s this much a hassle when you’re still in HS, how are you going to deal with real frustrations later in life?

Hey, I’m not in High School, I’m… oh wow, burn. You truly are a master of psychological warfare.

Besides, where would we be if people just ignored stuff that was bad? What if Martin Luther King had ignored all that inequality? What if doctors just ignored diseases instead of curing them? What if LUKE SKYWALKER ignored the Emperor’s evil schemes? I’ll tell you where we’d be. Russia. And it’d be all on Dr. Freud here.

BARNACLE BILL THE SAILOR

Who’s that knocking at my door?
Who’s that knocking at my door?
Who’s that knocking at my door? said the fair young maiden.

I just got paid and I wanta get laid,
Said Barnacle Bill the Sailor.
I just got paid and I wanta get laid,

What if Ma and Pa find out?
What if Ma and Pa find out?
What if Ma and Pa find out? said the fair young maiden.

I’ll kill your Pa and ------ your Ma,
I’ll kill your Pa and ------ your Ma,

What if we should go to jail?
What if we should go to jail?
What if we should go to jail? said the fair young maiden.

I’ll pick the lock with the tip of me ------,
I’ll pick the lock with the tip of me ------,

What if we go back into jail?
What if we go back into jail?
What if we go back into jail? said the fair young maiden.

I’ll knock down the walls with me swinging balls,
I’ll knock down the walls with me swinging balls,

What if we should get the chair?
What if we should get the chair?
What if we should get the chair? said the fair young maiden.

I’ll lay a fart and blow it apart,
I’ll lay a fart and blow it apart,

Note: PETA observed that no parrots or other animals were harmed during the previous post.

ARRR!

Passes out grog Arrr, matey! Talk Like A Pirate Day may be over, but its spirit must go on forever!

Well, first of all, I wasn’t ONLY talking to you, just the general idea that this was so frustrating to folks. The HS bit I meant toward the OP, unless he’s a teacher, but in his earlier post he says “everyone, even the teachers at his HS were doing it”.

Second, I’m thinking you’re attempting a whoosh here what with comparing an “event” created just for it’s “silliness/goofiness” quotient with evil, but, just in case.

“Bad” is in the eye (or ear in this case) of the beholder. Lots of people either ignored it, or merely thought it silly and harmless. Again, I wasn’t subjected to 1500 occurances of it at a crowded place like a high school (btw, I stated that I could see how THAT might have gotten a bit old), but imho?

The DJ, an old hand in my home town from way back in his days at the “radical” rock and roll station, started off my morning (at 6am no less) with this silliness, and as I lay there trying to wake up…

No, of COURSE I didn’t fall off the bed due to the incredibly clever humor, but it DID bring a smile to my face and brighten an otherwise unpleasant experience (having to get up that early).

People who get so AR and overly annoyed about simple goofiness need to have the large pole removed from their nether oriface.

Here you go m’lud.