Talk like a fucking pirate day.

I like pirate jokes in the right context, but talking like a fucking pirate for an entire fucking day while it’s fucking raining…

Fucking… Cows… On my head…

Is kind of fucking tiresome. :mad:

Yarr! Aye, 'tis Talk Like a Pirate day! And I’m typing this with a hook, while wearing me pirate hat and eyepatch. Yarr!

Excuse any typos, it’s me first day with the hook.

And to the next person who makes that “driving me nuts” joke: Paint thinner. In both eyes.

Arr, 'tis but three minutes left for 't on the Eastern Coast. Soon yer troubles will be over, mate. Yarr!

GADFLY, me thinks you need a sense of humor.

And some grog.

And maybe a wench.

Not necessarily in that order.

Now my sea dogs, one more time, this time put some feeling in it

Fifteen men on the dead man’s chest
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
Oh yeah… ARRR!!!

Jodi, I really don’t see what’s funny about Talk Like A Pirate Day. It’s just obnoxious.

But I could sure use a wench.

It theemth to be mithing, Pontuth, but here’th a thircular thaw. :smiley:

DIZZY – HA!!!

GADFLY, I didn’t say it was a stone riot, but it’s kinda goofy and, heck, it’s one day a year. I’d send you a wench but I’m fresh out. But cheer up! Tomorrow is the first of 364 consecutive Do Not Talk Like A Pirate Days.

Arr me beauty, the day be almost done now. Get yer pirate chatter in whilst ye can!

“Talk like a fucking pirate” day?

Well, if you insist…’

"Arr, me beauty…oooh…ahhhh…arrrr…‘tis a fine buggerin’ that I be givin’ to ye…oooh…arrr…yo ho HO!

Yarr…the dolphins are comin’, and only this old salty dog knows how to stop 'em.

Good grief!!! Where do you live Gadfly, that so many people were talking like this ALL DAY LONG that it put you into SUCH a snit?

I heard the DJ on the radio say it this morning, and that’s about all. I thought it was kinda goofy and fun, but it wasn’t as if they were all coming out of the woodwork.

Though, there was this group of midteens at the movies tonite who were dressed like “punk pirates” if that makes sense. But, they didn’t say anything, so I’m not sure if it was just their normal fashion sense, or in honor of the day.

There are a lot of people talking like a pirate where you are Gadfly? If everyone around me was talking like a pirate all day long I’d be fucking sick of it too.

But I only got 5 people to talk like a pirate today. I was disappointed.

I actually cracked out the Puffy Shirt.

I think the puffy shirts are SEEEEEEXY!!

Futurama played the episode with the pirate ships in it, where Bender was the bag of swag. I thought that was neato.

OOps, where Bender “had” not “was”.

Arrrr.

Since this is the pit (and though TLAP day is over), I can say:

'Twas on the good ship Venus
By Christ you should have seen us
The figurehead was a whore in bed
And the mast was a great big penis

The captain of this lugger
He was a dirty bugger
He wasn’t fit to shovel shit
From one place to the other.

The first mate’s name was Flipper