Taoist Tai Chi primer

About 10 years ago I took Taoist Tai Chi and completed the 108 move set. Since then <boring details of life’s turns snipped /> and have completely forgotten the whole thing.

So a few weeks ago I re-joined the local club where I now live. I’ve found that some of the moves come back quickly, and many I’m still struggling with.

The point of my question: I’ve missed the last three weeks. I don’t want to slow down the rest of my class. I’m pretty sure if I was reminded of the details of the moves they’ve covered in my absence I could catch up quick.

Is there a resource on the internet that describes the moves, or shows pictures, or has video clips? I’m not seeking this to obviate the need for an instructor led class - just a primer so I can get back to where I should be (where I once was oh so many years ago).

I’ve definitely seen books of this nature, but no website that I know of.

Possibly.

What family was it?

Yang, Chen and Wu are the more popular ones.

If you know that, then you can google more efficiently.

In the mean time, practice what you do remember and better it.

If you hope to understand your Jim Chee, you must read at least 8 Tony Hillerman novels. :cool:

What the heck is “Taoist Tai Chi”? Tai chi grew out of and in the Chen Village in China. As it moved out of that area somepeople made up the Toaism connection, as I understand it. It was not there to begin with. Same with Bagua. In anycase, if you know the real name of the Tai Chi form, you can probably find a book on it. It is very possible that what you were taught and what you are learning now are different forms.

Taoist Tai Chi™ is a form derived from the Yang style of Tai Chi Chuan, with an emphasis on health benefits rather than defence/fighting.

Thanks for the link. It’s a shame they call that tai chi; the term has become more a marketing gimmick then an accurate reflection of tai chi history and quality.

Anyway, to answer your OP, I guess those would be the people that could sell you a list of movements, if they publish one.