TAT [Tired all the time.]

She is female and is 27 years old, so low T isn’t an issue.

It could be a lot of things…

Insulin resistance and hypoglycemia
An underactive thyroid
Declining testosterone levels, if you’re a man, of course
Iron deficiency anemia, from heavy periods, if you’re a woman, of course. Or have bleeding in the GI tract from inflammation or tumors.
Depression
Sleep apnea. Sleep deprivation, or sleeping way too much.
Heart failure.

Until your doctor figures out the root cause, I’d suggest trying co-enzyme Q10 supplements. They are very good for boosting energy, and are stimulant free.

Do you feel like your heart is going too fast, or racing? This is Tachycardia and will make you feel exhausted.

You should also be checked for Neurally Mediated Syncope. This is caused when your blood pressure suddenly drops very low, causing you to feel faint or even pass out. It can also make you feel tired, dizzy, and confused.

I have these problems and take a beta blocker. It makes an amazing difference.

Are you eating three square meals a day? Including protein at each meal?

I began to fade in the early afternoon, quite regularly. Always thought it was either just getting older or a very active few hours in the mornings, doing yard work, etc, just catching up with me by early afternoon.

My niece suggested more protein in the mornings and it really did make a huge difference for me. I don’t have weight issues and ate pretty much whatever I felt like, whenever I felt like it. More structured meal times and protein at every meal really did work a charm for me. Maybe give it a try?

well, then for the males reading the thread - the symptoms described fit perfectly with low-T.

Thank you! Yes - my heart rate does jump up. I’ll look into it

There’s your main problem. I’ve found giving vague descriptions of symptoms to doctors is a very good way to leave unchecked and empty-handed. But if I go in and say ‘These are the problems’ and ‘I’ve tried this, this and this to no avail’ I get to sit across from a very attentive GP :wink:

I actually teared up once (I’m a guy, it was awkward) and that works too.

My experience: I was tired all the time. When I say all the time, I mean I could get 8 hours of quality sleep, be up for an hour and easily take a 30-60 minute nap. I had little to no energy and felt all too often my brain was in a fog, especially in the mid-late afternoon when the exhaustion really hit. I remember this as far back as high school and it didn’t improve as I got older. I had blood testing for all the usual, and everything was “fine”. I started to get used to being exhausted.

A couple of years ago, my “testy” digestive system began to get even more testy. I was getting more frequent bouts of stomach cramps, diarrhea, and nausea. It got so bad that it seemed that everything I ate sent me immediately to the bathroom, where I would remain on and off for the next 6-8 hours. It was hell. Looking back, my exhaustion was getting worse–I was sleeping for 10 hours a night and my early evening, my brain was mush.

I happened to come across an article on the effects some people have with gluten sensitivities, and was able to check off more of the symptoms than not. On a whim, I gave up gluten to see what would happen. For the first time in quite a while, I was as to eat without rushing to the bathroom. But, what was even more surprising was that the exhaustion and mind fog that I’d had for so long started to go away.

It’s been almost two years since I gave up gluten. I’ve been accidentally “glutened” a couple of times and the exhaustion (and stomach issues) comes back immediately. (It takes about a week for me to be back to normal.)

I can’t say that it will work for everyone, but it absolutely took care of my issues.

As a side note, truely going gluten free is typically difficult. Gluten is in a ton of stuff and it takes becoming very educated on what you’re eating. I used to eat out a lot, but now I rarely trust anyone else’s cooking. If you decide to give up gluten, start by learning all the different names of gluten and where it is (its more than just wheat) and reading the labels of EVERYTHING in your kitchen. (I found gluten in chicken broth and salad dressing.)