Tattoo location suggestions needed

So I’m ready for my next tattoo. I currently have two, and put them both on my back for several reasons. First and foremost, they were for ME, not for everyone else. I didn’t want to explain why I got them/what they symbolize etc… I have no problem showing them, but I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life explaining them. Second, the only way I can see them is with a mirror (or two), so if I ever decided I didn’t want them, well, I don’t have to look at them. I only see them once a week at most when I actually feel like looking at them. (There was more reasons, but I took the suggestions of some fellow dopers and bought a bottle of Hanger One and now I don’t rememeber what they were.) Anyways, I’m ready for a third and I’m trying to find a spot on my body where I can show it off without pulling my shirt up or removing any clothing, I don’t mind if it’s generally visable, but I want to be able to cover it when neccesary. Also, it needs to be in a spot where it doesn’t really stand out (So not my neck or forehead or back of my hand etc…). I guess what I’m looking for is a spot that’s subtle, but not compleatly hidden. My idea at this point is my forearm just below my elbow (think of the spot where you would have blood drawn), any other ideas? BTW one of the reasons I don’t have a problem having this one more out in the open then the others is becuase I have two mini schnauzers and it’s a schnauzer tattoo, the meaning doesn’t go too much deeper then that, so it’s not like spending twenty minutes explaining why I got a Led Zeppelin or Pi tattoo.

I was going to suggest Cloud 9 in St. Cloud, MN, but I see that’s not what you’re looking for.

The right tattoo on the right forearm is dead sexy.

Although I would suggest getting it midway between wrist and elbow (palm up; outside forearm tats are gross), rather than “just below” your elbow.

I have mine on my right leg (outside calf) for the same reason. It’s there, it *can *be seen but it’s easy to cover with pants if I so choose.

I have all mine done on my friend Dorian.

I’m thinking of getting another too, and I’m thinking about getting it on the outside of my left thigh, ‘bout halfway between hip and knee. It’ll show when I’m wearing shorts, but all other times it’ll be covered by clothing, which is still important to me - tho’ I might have to choose skirts for work more carefully. Might this be an option?

Is Cloud 9 a good place?
I need an excellent tattoo artist near the twin cities to do my next one.
My previous tattoo was done in Florida where there are a lot of talented artists.

Money is no object since it is a basic black design that would run about $150 but I’d be willing to pay for the talent and have it done for $300.

Excellent suggestion. Have them done on somebody else.

Otherwise, have a favorite constellation done in brown, wherever there’s room. If you change your mind later, you can claim it’s freckles.

Forearm is good. Calf is another easily covered up area.

My wife would agree with that. She really been pushing for me to keep it right where it is…on a scrap of paper.

I can’t comment specifically on their tattoos (I have none), but I’ve been there a few times for piercings. Very clean, very professional, very hot guys (if you’re into that sort of thing), and they made me feel very comfortable. They answered every single question I could come up with and explained what was going on the whole time. I’ve been to other places (for myself, and with friends) and I don’t think I’ve ever been so much at ease.

I was very pleased.

I just called my brother. He has several tattoos, the majority of which came from there. He says, “Cloud 9 is the only place to go.” So there you have it.

Good luck. I hope you have a good experience.