Tattoos...

Who has them? What have you got, where have you got it? Where hurt the worst? Any horror stories??

nefertari

There have been several previous threads on this issue. You can run a search and find them.

I’ve got a “II” (Gemini zodiac sign) tattooed on the small of my back, right at my belt line. It is about 2" by 2". It was uncomfortable, but didn’t hurt. I’ve also got a small lilly tattooed on my right shoulder.

I’ve got a yax glyph, about the size of a quarter on the back of my shoulder. It didn’t hurt, but I could feel it. The worst part of the experience was the noise that the needle made.

I have a symbol with two half moons with a dot between them, and two tribal looking stripes coming off of each side, on my left ankle.

It hurt like hell. My friend who went with me said I looked like I was going to throw up the whole time.

Luckily it is small, all black, and only took 20 minutes.

I have three. One is my initials done in red and black script, one in blue is my son’s initials in a form I designed, and one is a moon and stars.

As I’ve said before, to me it felt like someone scratching on a sunburn…not pleasant, but not too painful.

Come to think of it, what’s a yax glyph? I know that, everytime I’ve yacked, I wouldn’t want a picture of it tattooed on my shoulder. :slight_smile:

I have five. In chronological order, they are: an ankh on my right shoulder, a winged scarab on my left shoulder, a winged solar disk with Isis and Nepthys serpents on my chest, the Star Brand on my left forearm, and the Autobot and Decepticon symbols Kirbian energy effects on my right forearm.

The solar disk is pretty big, and it’s the one that hurt the most since it’s very close to bone (the other tattoos are on meaty parts of my body). It took something like three hours total spread over two sessions (one hour for the outline, then two hours for the coloring). Even that one didn’t hurt too much, though, since I have a fairly high pain tolerance. The endorphin rush afterwards is always a sweet bonus.

I have two.

One is the numbers “24601” on the small of my back. I got that one in August.

The second one, which I got about two weeks ago, is a sliver outline of the moon, on my right shoulder. Very classy :slight_smile: