Tell me about cosmetic laser surgery for the face

I never thought I’d be asking about this topic, but never say never, I guess.

I’ve got what most people would call spider veins, or ‘broken capillaries’, around my nose. The 50-cent medical term for them is telangiectasia. I’ve had a few for years, but as I’ve got older they’ve gotten worse and I’ve got one place on the side of my nose that looks like I’m going to get a zit there any time now. Except no zit ever shows up – it’s just a permanent dark pink area where the blood vessels have decided to stay dilated.

Mine are not nearly as bad as the photos I managed to find using Google, but annoying enough that I’d like to get rid of them. I do realize that I’ll probably get more as I get older – so far I’ve read that common causes can be aging, sun damage and hormonal shifts, and as I’ve got all that going on, I suppose I can expect more of same. However, as long as laser surgery to cauterize the things isn’t too expensive or too risky, I thought I’d look into it. Makeup will cover mine, but I don’t like to wear it every day (well, or most days, as a matter of fact).

Anyone had laser surgery to remove spider veins or birthmarks from their face? What was it like? Are you happy with your results? Did it cost an arm and a leg?

I have a few, too. I cover mine with makeup and it’s no problem. I’ve heard that you can treat this by freezing injections. I haven’t looked into it, but I’d like to. I think it would probably be cheaper than laser.