Tell me about miso soup

Miso soup is also a wonderful thing to eat when you have a cold or are feeling a bit under the weather. It’s very mild and soothing.

Now I’m left wondering what these various mothers tastes like, TP. :slight_smile:

I was about to say. It lets you get some protein in your system without taxing it too much. Plus hot and SOUP! I keep a few packets in the fridge for such occasions, when I want the SOUP! but don’t have the wherewithal to make it.

Of course your favorite hibachi place is in Utah! Why, Utah is known for its Japanese food…

I know, it sounds ridiculous. I guess it’s run by a Japanese family who first lived in San Francisco, then set up shop in Utah in the 80s. The restaurant really is fantastic, though.

Get a tub of red miso paste and smear some on your corn-on-the-cob in place of butter. Just…trust me on this.

You can thank me later. :slight_smile:

Actually, there are (or were, I haven’t eaten Japanese food there for years) some really good Japanese restaurants in Salt Lake. One place called Koyo and another (which I can’t remember the name) were really good.