Ways to work miso into my everyday cooking?

I have a coupla jars of it in the fridge- white and red. I like the taste of miso soup, although I don’t make it all that often. Is the miso taste compatible with other foods? Does anyone stir it into stuff or spread it on stuff? Looking for other everyday uses for the fermented soybean paste.

Sesame-Miso Dressing
adapted from Mark Bittman’s “The Best Recipes in the World”
1 tablespoon sugar or honey
1 tablespoon mirin, sweet sake, or other sweet wine
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
3 tablespoons miso; Bittman prefers red here, I prefer white

Whisk all the ingredients together; serve over simply cooked sturdy vegetables, like steamed green beans or broccoli. Fine at room temperature.

Clay Pot Miso Chicken is absolutely amazing, although very hearty and wintery. It makes an absurd amount of food, even leaving out the mustard greens (as I have done), so you might want to halve it unless you’re serving a large crowd. Notwithstanding the name, it works very nicely in my Dutch oven. I’ve replaced the burdock root with parsnips, and the dried wood-ear mushrooms with dried shiitakes.

Here is a page from an old The Splendid Table episode. Check out the Improvising with Miso section under the Episode Rundown. I’ve never tried any of it but it sounded interesting.

Anything you can stir fry, you can stir fry with miso as part of the sauce/cooking liquid (paste, whatever). I like pork chunks stir fried with red miso paste and scallions.

It is also great to put in DIY Korean barbecue wraps (you can find recipes for how to marinate bulgoki or kalbi, then grill it) then you wrap the beef up in a lettuce leaf that has some fresh/pickled vegetables and a dollop of red miso in it).

You can mix it with mirin, sake, and sugar to make a classic marinade for grilled fish.