The Rodney District, to be precise. How hot or cold does it get? What’s the weather like in general? What’s there to do? What are the people like?
And some specific questions. Now, I’m all for new experiences and yadda yadda, but there are some things that would help ease a transition.
– First of all, I live for french fries. And chips are even better, IMO. Do you have the big, thick, oil-fried kind? (I don’t dig matchstick fries.) If I ordered them in a restaurant, would I get ketchup?
– Smoking. How widely is it allowed or prohibited? What brands of cigarettes are available? I smoke Mavericks, which are hard to find even in America, but they’re like Marlboros. How expensive are cigarettes, relatively?
– Bubble gum. When I don’t smoke, I chew! Paging Dr. Freud! Now, years ago, I used to be able to get orange gum and raspberry gum, but like everything else I like, they disappeared. Do you by any chance have those flavors? It would be great if they were available somewhere in the world!
– Chocolate chips. I mean, the kind you make cookies with. I love to bake, and Mr. Rilch loves to eat them. Would I be able to find them easily? Nestle or whatever?
– Hair coloring. I use L’Oreal. Is that brand available, and if not, what brand do you recommend?
– Lip balm. Do you have Burt’s Beeswax, and again, if not, what do you recommend?
– I can accept not getting to watch Lost and Galactica (they’ll be on DVD eventually, after all), but are they broadcast down there? If so, are they on the same schedule as the US? I’ve been vaguely aware of non-Americans saying, “Aaaugh! I didn’t get to see that episode yet!”
Thanks in advance!