Tell me about your spread (on bread, that is)

Eurocrem

Unsalted butter and my mother’s preserves (strawberry, blueberry or fig depending on the season)

Cream cheese, red onion and lox

Not a big fan of eggs on toast, surprisingly. I love eggs and toast, but not eggs on toast. The way the yolk mixes with the crunchy bread is disgusting.

Butter, followed by a decent jelly. I’m not really a jam person, don’t like the little seed from raspberries or strawberries. I have some homemade apple jelly that is fabulous.

I still love me some “cimmamum” toast. It was my stay-at-home-sick treat from my mom, and it still is a comfort food.

Without butter, I love PBnJ on toast. My daughter butters then peanut butters toast. Blech.

BLT’s must be made on toast.

If I fry the bread, then I’ll put a savory type spread, but not if I have toasted it.

Ahhh! That’s the best part! I only eat eggs one way–over-easy, with toast to dip in the runny yolk. Yum.

But my favorite is fruit preserves. Raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, peach…ooooh. Yummy.

Price’s pimiento cheese, if I’ve got it. Cream cheese with chopped green olives. Or just plain butter, with or without the “only fruit” spread. The only fruit spread doesn’t have added sugar, it’s just pureed fruit. I can’t stand “jelly” that has artificial sweetener in it, it just doesn’t taste right to me, and I’m sensitive to some artificial sweeteners.

Vegemite

Cheese spread with ground black pepper or chili flakes

Butter and Marmite (only on toasted white bread)

Spicy sundried tomato paste

I have tried pesto but didn’t find it to fit sandwiches that well, especially compared to olive paste.

As for spread, I like my sandwich with hummus (with raw vegetables on top).

Another vote for pesto. Or just good butter.

Also yum: cream cheese topped with hot pepper jelly.