Terr: an asshole again. No surprise.

Definitely one of those “Dear lord, is that guy an asshole!” people.

Yeah, I’ve called him out on that a number of times. He’s really good at bearing my country’s name in vain.

But, that’s still rather a lot of them . . . and not only on the Intertubes, unfortunately.

Well, at least he’s consistent. That is his (and adaher’s) argument for the repeal of Obamacare: the healthcare.gov servers didn’t work, which caused modifications to the mandate, therefore the law must be repealed it its entirety. The game company servers didn’t work, causing their “playable” date to be delayed, and they should be forced into bankruptcy.

Oh no, he didn’t say they should be forced into bankruptcy. He said that if any game company did it, they would go bankrupt. Despite proof to the contrary. Because things like facts don’t matter to conservatives, especially not in GQ.

:rolleyes:

We’ve got enough loons on the Left who never believe that facts matter and a number of “conservatives” (however we are defining that word these days) who do think facts matter.

Terr provides no value, but it is his personality that causes that, not his politics.

His personality drives his politics. He seems to exult in suffering and speaks of any assistance from the government whatsoever as loathsome welfare.

He’s a shitty person, and as such, has been drawn to the ideology of shitty people, far-far-right conservatism. It’s not like someone as bitter and hateful as Terr could think that poor people need to be fed. His hatred of others necessitates extreme conservatism, because anything else on the American mainstream spectrum (even moderate conservatism) actually helps people.

Exactly; I made the same blunder in my OP, and DMC politely and properly corrected me. There are bad people on any side of any division of ideas and ideals. Right now, the conservative movement in the U.S. is more heavily influenced by extremism than the liberal movement is. The relative proportions of rotters and ratbags is a little higher among conservatives than among liberals. But there are still no shortages of liberal jerks and jackoffs, and, while it’s harder than it used to be, you can still find good, reasonable, sensible, intelligent, and wise conservatives.

(You can also drive nails with a wrench…)

This is actually a very good point. While there are racists, homophobes, mysogynists, etc. across the political spectrum, people in those groups are definitely attracted to the Republican party in greater numbers.

So, being a stupid, hateful bigot isn’t a requirement of being Republican, and there are many who aren’t, but if you happen to be one, you’ll likely find that to be a better home.

This exchange speaks volumes about Terr not only being an asshole but also weaseling away when he is shown to be remarkably wrong.

I revived a thread I started over a year ago Darrell Issa: This time you’ve gone too far with the following post:

This was Terr’s overly caustic response:

Well, so I am a biased idiot who cannot read! Funny how my view is actually proven in the very cite I provided as well as another, which I detailed as such:

And his retort, also known as “the best Terr can do,” was this:

:rolleyes:

The fact is that I have shown that “Issa compromise(d) the healthcare.gov’s security.” It’s all there. The only question is whether Terr is intellectually dishonest or a coward. Although, it sure seems like both to me.

To be intellectually dishonest requires having an intellect to begin with.

Debating Terr on matters of fact is a waste of time unless you’re researching the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Give me a solid average guy who knows he has average intellect over a creep like Terr. He probably has an IQ of 105 or so, but is so fondly preening of his intellect he ends up prattling at moron level.

When reading posts by right-wing dolts like Terr, one wonders how so much stupidity can be packed into one skull. The $10,000 to every American is an interesting concept which would obviously require massive increases in taxation. Terr “analyzed” that program by trying to finance it with no new taxes, only cuts to existing programs. :smack: I often try to inject a note of sanity in threads where the right-wingers are confused, but that level of imbecility left me speechless.

I was doing a good job of ignoring Terr completely until he insulted me in a thread, writing, in effect “I know absolutely nothing about statistics, so I’ll assume you know nothing too.”

Terr, here’s a hint for future reference: If you’re in a debate where knowledge of science, math, or economics is relevant … you’re wrong.

No, you just made yourself look like a dumbass in that thread. And you’re a cock for making me defend Terr.

its not my fault you’re living up to your username.

No. You really were wrong in that thread. Read it over and find out why.

And, please stop making me agree with Terr - especially when I’m trying to eat.

Yeah, I did look it over. Several times. What I see is a guy screaming “This website is insecure!” in the media. It seems that this is a no-brainer that such a thing compromises security. If you scream that a website is insecure, why is it a shock that would lead to more attempts to crack it open?

My front door analogy is incorrect only because it doesn’t make it clear how much of a problem there is here. There are not a ton of house thieves on any given block or city. The internet is filled with hackers, crackers, scammers and other people who will do anything to get your personal information for profit or just for shits and giggles.

Why anyone thinks that announcing to the world “this website is insecure” - a website that collects some very sensitive data - doesn’t at the very least cause an uptick of traffic from some of those folks seems silly to me.

All websites are insecure, just as all balloons are insecure.

I’m doubting if pointing at the flaws on one site alerts those sort of people to anything they didn’t already know.

Yes, all websites are insecure. But not every website has some asshole running to the media pointing out just how insecure it is. Nor does every website have millions of Americans submitting very personal and sensitive information on them.