Texas nurse on her viral video of McDonald's sign reading 'no one wants to work anymore'

It’s a faux news video but yeah … i posted this in the dumb m’fers in the news n the pit also

I think the employees are trying to tell the place something … My brother worked at 2 different McD’s and said atmosphere wise a corporate Mcdonalds is worlds different than a franchised one …

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/texas-nurse-on-her-viral-video-of-mcdonald-s-sign-reading-no-one-wants-to-work-anymore/vi-BB1fMB7M?ocid=SK2DDHP

Why is there a news story about what some random person in Texas thinks about how there might be lazy people?

And why is the Dope helping to publicize and thus possibly lend credence to it?

I’m also not seeing the outrage… if I get more for not working than I would for working, why would I work? Or for that matter, if I could support my lifestyle without working, why would I work?

It sounds like some kind of Fox News dog whistle type report to imply something about the people who ordinarily work at McDonalds, who aren’t because of the unemployment payments and COVID benefits.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the article writer is part of the cult of thinking that there’s some intrinsic merit in working, above and beyond the pay and benefits.

Typical lazy, minimum wage workers mooching off the system.

I’m guessing that was what Fox was going for. Am I close?

from what I’m told yeah …all that’s wrong with America is it needs to get off its lazy ass :roll_eyes:

Or maybe people don’t want to work an extremely stressful and dangerous job, with no benefits, guaranteed scheduling, or employment security, during a pandemic, for $7.25 an hour.

Potato, potahto :wink:

Some folks keep telling me that these jobs don’t deserve to be paid more, since they are filled by teenagers who don’t really need the money, and are just using the jobs to get pocket change for video games.

Of course, these SAME folks are now claiming that these jobs are filled by adults who are getting generous benefits. I guess these are Shrodinger jobs - they are taken by different people, depending on your own slant at the time.

It’s like those illegal aliens who are both stealing all our jobs and yet are too lazy to work.