Thank you, Mr. Cab Driver

[QUOTE=Anne Neville]
I’m glad you’re not sitting near me. I’m allergic to pot smoke, so much so that I don’t even know what it smells like. My nose closes up and starts running like a faucet before I can register the smell.
[/QUOTE]

My first girlfriend’s sister was like that. Her reaction was so violent that several family friends who were police told her they could use her on the force as a kind of human sniffer-dog. She demurred.

[QUOTE=Captain Amazing]
If you’re going to Rosslyn, the zone system doesn’t apply as it is, as Rosslyn is in Virginia, and all DC cabs going to Virginia or Maryland are supposed to charge by mileage. Ask for him to check the odometer and record the number when you get in the cab, and then make sure he does so. Then, at the end of the trip. if you think he’s overcharging you, ask to see the cab’s rate chart, which should have a mileage table on the back.

If you still think he’s overcharging you, get a receipt that states both your pickup point and your destination, and take his name, badge, and vehicle tag number, and let him know you’re going to file a complaint with the DC Taxicab commission.
[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I know it is not on the zone system (having posted multiple times about that in this thread in fact), but it is the zone system that allows the absence of a meter.

And I know exactly what I can do regarding my legal rights. Oddly enough, I kind of like being able to get in a cab without having to go through a 10 week process to get a fair fare.

[QUOTE=niblet_head]
Thank you, Mr. Cab Driver, for making me stink like pot. What a wonderous aroma to be swirling around me as I sit here at *my desk * at my job. Mmmmm, sour pot smell. Marrrrrrrvelous.

You fucking fuck.
[/QUOTE]

One has to wonder why you got into a vehicle where the driver was stoned in the first place…

[QUOTE=Miller]
Not all weed is skunkweed.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Skunkweed is just one variety out of very many.

Although, I don’t object to the smell of skunkweed as much as one might think, either.

Sinse, in particular smells real good to me. When I come home from the Reggae club, I can literally pat puffs of the essence out of my afro.

[QUOTE=Clothahump]
One has to wonder why you got into a vehicle where the driver was stoned in the first place…
[/QUOTE]

Because I’m halfway to work when I realize this really isn’t my imagination it really does smell like pot in here and this town is a “telephone taxi” town it’s not like you can flag one down like this is Manhattan or something and making myself 30 minutes late for work was not something I thought was a good idea and one wonders why you are accusing me for some dumb ass reason?

So how is Rev. Jim doing these days, anyway?