Thanks for dinner, now get off my fucking couch.

You may want to run your spell-check again. :wink:

GGGRRRRRR

can I beat his ass? Please?

Eve, in all seriousness this time and not joking around with Diane, you are very lucky. This guy sounds like a creep, you are lucky you weren’t raped. Please add my name to the “kick his loser ass” roll.

Be careful, we don’t want you hurt, raped or killed by some scumbag like this guy!

Men who drink tea… never trust 'em.

What bugs me is that this whole debacle was preceeded by his insistence on paying for dinner. Conjures up a number of disturbing “now she owes me” thought patterns.

Anyway, I’d also offer a throw a beating his way, mags, but I’m sure you could deliver your own devastating ritual of destruction upon him should you chose to do so. Voodoo works wonders, I hear.

SuaSponte:

Since no one’s responded to ya yet…that was REALLY fuckin’ funny!

(The above compliment is in no way meant to disparage magdalene’s narrative in the OP. I’m as offended by this fuckwad as any of us. But SuaSponte gave me a thoroughly enjoyable fit of the giggles, and I felt it was polite to let him know.)

What Scylla said.

Too bad you can’t put a warning label on him, magdalene. You sound like you can take care of yourself, but I’m sure he’ll find some that can’t.

I don’t want to trivialize magdalene’s experience, ‘cause guys like that scare me. I don’t ask first dates in any more, even if my flatmate is home.

But Scylla’s comment:
The thing that really pisses me off is the whole “I’m going out on a date with the goal of having sex,” thing.

This gives me a moment’s pause. I date in the (usually vain) hope of getting sex. I think most people do. What makes me different from magdalene’s date is that I know that by waiting a little I might get a lot of sex. Trying too hard at first usually means no sex, or maybe only one session.

I hope somewhere in that “scathing email” he was told that food, moderate flattery(listening), time and backrubs are far better seduction tools than whining and sophomoric groping. Perhaps I am too optimistic, but maybe this guy just needs a clue-by-four. A *big[/] clue-by-four.

That I think is the problem. I think if most women want sex, they don’t really need to date. They can find a willing partner pretty quickly.

I think a woman dates to see if she wants to spend time with you, and have relationship.

If you’re trying to provide the right answers, and put up the proper front to string her along long enough in order to eventually get sex, that just ain’t cool.

Then, if you decide you do like her, what are you going to do when you have to stop playing a role and show her your real self?

The other thing is that women tend to be pretty savvy about these things and give you just enough physical intimacy to keep you interested while they determine if you’re worth having a relationship with.

When I dated, I tried to do something completely off the wall to break the ice. I used to take girls to Chuck E Cheese’s for dinner. I was looking for the girl who could get into the spirit of it, and play the skee-ball and interact with screaming brats having birthday parties with good-humor, and adapt well to the unexpected. The girl that just sat there, or made her displeasure evident and asked to go somewhere else was usually not worth my time.

I didn’t want to play a game, I wanted to find somebody I could have a lot of fun with. Trust me, the woman will let you know in no uncertain terms when it’s time to for sex. And, when she does, willing and enthusiastic, it’s a lot better than coerced and faked, with misgivings.

getting far, far away from the OP…

Scylla writes:
>I think if most women want sex, they don’t really need to date.

That’s true for some women, but I’m over 30, ugly & fat. I’m also too chicken to pick up random guys at coffee shops or bookstores. There are too many more persistent & nasty versions of **magdalene’s **last date out there. Willing is not the same a safe or suitable.

> If you’re trying to provide the right answers, and put up the proper front to string her along long enough in order to eventually get sex, that just ain’t cool.

I’d agree with you here, and have re-read my previous post several times trying to determine where “stringing her along” came into it. I firmly believe The Worst Time to lie is during early courtship. You could find yourself having to live with it for a really long time (No, really honey, I love your cooking!). But I think everybody “puts their best foot forward” in those first couple of dates. Is that the same as stringing/lying? If it is <augh! A simple dichotomy! Bad debater, no biscut!>, I think I’d rather have a date never call me back because I’m an insincere jerk than because I’d pinned him/her to the couch and drooled on their earlobes.
BTW, I would have totally failed your ChuckECheeses test, even though I love skee-ball. The high-pitched noise of children voices makes me really, really tense. I’d do anything to make it stop, and it’s one of the reasons I’ve avoided breeding. I would have considered such a date my failure to pass the “potential mommy” test.

Jesus, magdalene, you’re so uptight! It’s prudes like you who give girls a bad name.

Let’s review the facts, now.

(1) First of all, it’s obvious that what you NEED is a good lay. Christ, just look at your attitude in this thread. You just need a guy to put it to you hard. And can I just say, it’s typical that you didn’t even realize that was what you needed. You ought to thank this guy for his perceptiveness.

(2) Did he or did he not buy you dinner? 'Nuff said.

(3) Were you not asking for it? Let’s review what you were wearing. Plus the fact that you asked him in. You asked him IN! You kissed him! If that doesn’t scream “Fuck me” what does? And that “coyly pushing his hands away” thing is a fairly transparent way of saying “I’d like to sleep with you, but I feel funny about doing it on the first date. If you are real assertive, I can absolve myself of responsibility for being skanky. So don’t take my protests real seriously.” Besides, so many girls like it rough anyway.

(4) If you’re too uptight to let him in your pants, you could at least give him a nice blowjob. Don’t be such a pricktease. Do you know it’s actually unhealthy for a guy to get all turned on without some relief?

Pull the lemon out of your pussy, girl, and give the guy a call to apologize. Thank god you have a friend like me who is willing to be straight with you about this matter.

HEY! :frowning:

{grumbles while walking off to sulk in a corner with a nice Assam tea}

Esprix

Gotta agree here.

I have three kids. I have had my share of Chucky Cheese and sitting on sticky seats. When I am out on a date, I want to enjoy my date, not other people’s noisy kids.

:::Pee Wee voice on::: Everyone has a big BUT :::Pee Wee voice off::: BUT, I don’t always want to get dressed up and have to act like a grown up in a fancy restaurant or ballet. Each and every summer I buy a family pass to a large amusement park and waterslide park near my house. I use it much more than my kids! In fact, I have to beg my kids to go with me. My body is continuously bruised and skinned all summer long thanks to the waterslides.

I don’t want to date any guy who doesn’t know how to have fun. Still, if you surprise me with Chucky Cheese, I may have to hurt you badly before I dump you on your ear.

Chuck E Cheese??? I love it!! Why didn’t you ever date me??

Of course, now we have a kid… and therefore an excuse to go to Chuck E Cheese whenever we want to, and no one looks at us funny :smiley:

Hey not so fast sparky…from a cunnilinguist perspective, I kinda like that notion :stuck_out_tongue:

It never occurred to me there were adults who liked that place. I went with the nieces and nephews on several occasions, then went home and ate Advil. Greasy pizza and caffeinated beverages served to children by Rats. Ewwwww. There’s plenty of teen arcade places where I can play skee-ball in non-shrieking noise. There should be some opportunity to talk on a date. An amusement park is a great date. Things to do and things to talk about.

Oh, and CrankyAsAnOldMan, can you send a quarter to the Xtal Humor Implant fund? I nearly had an aneurysm reading your post.

Magdalene, you gotta stop dating sixteen-year-olds. :wink: It’s only fun until the priapism kicks in.

Ah, Maggie, this is part of the problem. You unintentionally sent him a signal. Making out is a big green light. I’m not a pushy guy at all, but if we were snuggling on your couch, tradin’ spit, I figure doin’ the nasty is a definite possibility.

You can learn a lot about a guy without firing up the ol’ prostrate gland.
Unfortunately, once you trigger an asshole into action, he becomes totally illiterate. He doesn’t even get “NO!”

I am ashamed of how he represented my gender, and thankful that he was merely an asshole and not a dangerous asshole.

The sad thing is, this MO works for lots of guys. If you didn’t put out, no biggie, eventually someone will.
It reminds me of an exchange from ‘Fast Times At Ridgemont High’:
"But if you put the vibe out to fifty thousand women, somethin’s bound to happen."
"Yeah, Rat’… THAT’s the attitude."

Oh come on, you know I was talking about breeders…

Bboy-I sincerely hope that was a joke. A not funny joke, but a joke.

Annoying, schmoying! I don’t care if you’re the Whore of Babylon-if you say No, you don’t WANT to have sex, then, that means you don’t want to have sex!

Men are such scum.

Guinastasia,

Please retract

before this turns into a boy vs. girl shit-slinging match. Men are not scum–some men are, and some women are. Making blanket statements like this is not only discriminatory, it is actually harmful–it is pretty well established that if you tell someone they are something enough times they start to believe it. Let’s not lead the 15 year old lurker on this thread to believe that there is no hope for him, he is genetically prone to rape, and that even if he overcomes that tendency all women are gonna assume he’s guilty anyway.